DVDVR Message Board

Raw Is The Elimination Chamber Blues - 2/12/2018

Dolfan in NYC

1 hour ago, Eivion said:

Really? Considering his size and presence I thought he was the one who had the brightest future as long a she was half decent, and he is so much more now. I'm trying to recall, but I think he accredited the feud with Roman for helping him improve.

At the time I knew he was going to be a star even if he was never better than Khali. That he ended up being good is a bonus. 

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Brian Fowler said:

He's the worst promo in the company (okay, Kurt might be knocking him down to second worst) and I generally find his matches to be awful.

What's funny is I think he's a genuinely good tag wrestler. But a terrible singles wrestler. 

I hated him as Tyler Black. I liked him in The Shield. His main event run is quite possibly my least favorite in WWF/E history.

Even then, I still think he should be in a feature match with Bàlor at Mania.

But you can't spend 3 weeks on him not being in the chamber and then suddenly put him in without me ineffectually bitching on the internet about it.

I think @Brian Fowler's hate for Seth Rollins trumps mine for Shia Labeouf/Sepp Blatter etc.

; )

3 hours ago, HumanChessgame said:

For the past few years I think WWE fans have been in "we just like to chant shit regardless of whether or not we agree with it" mode.

It's bizarre that Owens and Cena both haven't had a truly great match since RR 17.

I'll join the "Fuck Seth Rollins" bandwagon, and also start the "Also, Finn Balor can go away" bandwagon as well. Honestly, I was hoping Crews would win the 5 way and get a surprise elimination or two, cause he is really starting to come around. 

Also, reminder we are just a year removed from Bray Wyatt winning the Elimination Chamber, in what felt like a moment of WWE actually getting something right before they MASSIVELY fucked it up over the next 3 months. 

• Like 1

Go back and watch that Chamber match and Wyatt winning a triple threat over Cena and Styles the next night, and tell me how they thought Orton getting a reign would be a better idea.

Also, go back and watch the Orton/Harper match and realize after that they basically stopped pushing Harper completely because this company can be a moron.

• Like 4

43 minutes ago, El Dragon said:

Go back and watch that Chamber match and Wyatt winning a triple threat over Cena and Styles the next night, and tell me how they thought Orton getting a reign would be a better idea.

Also, go back and watch the Orton/Harper match and realize after that they basically stopped pushing Harper completely because this company can be a moron.

I remember that Elimination Chamber match and the first Smackdown Live  after with Wyatt vs. Styles vs. Cena.

WWE's treatment of Luke Harper especially pissed me off in early 2017 as he was finally getting his due only for his push to be stupidly stopped. Should've been the Wyatt Family colliding at WrestleMania XXXIII: Wyatt vs. Orton vs. Harper.

If I ran WWE, Cesaro and Luke Harper be getting the main event pushes.

• Like 3

I wonder if Breitbart still thinks WWE is wholesome family entertainment after Cena shook that Muslim Women’s hand. 

In all seriousness I don’t give that House of Horrors (I’m assuming that is the match cubbymark is referring to) as much shit as many others do. It’s not a good match by any stretch of the imaginenation but atleast they were trying something new and playing with the conventional form and going outside the box. This is a post Final Deletion world we are living in after all.

7 hours ago, Brian Fowler said:

What's funny is I think he's a genuinely good tag wrestler. But a terrible singles wrestler. 

I hated him as Tyler Black. I liked him in The Shield.

I don't feel quite as strongly as you these days (possibly because he's coming off a good tag run), but I agree. Even when he was Tyler Black, I enjoyed AotF but was less invested in his singles stuff.

Better tag than singles guy is a fine assessment. 

Also, he should stick to the Eddie Guerrero tribute tights. 

3 hours ago, West Newbury Bad Boy said:

I don't feel quite as strongly as you these days (possibly because he's coming off a good tag run), but I agree. Even when he was Tyler Black, I enjoyed AotF but was less invested in his singles stuff.

Better tag than singles guy is a fine assessment. 

Also, he should stick to the Eddie Guerrero tribute tights. 

Rollins was at his best as douchebag champ with J and J security. I really don't know why they book him as a face, when he's insanely good at playing it smug.

4 minutes ago, DeathyBoy said:

Rollins was at his best as douchebag champ with J and J security. I really don't know why they book him as a face, when he's insanely good at playing it smug.

My big problem with that run is the way WWE structures their shows ruined a potentially good thing. Twenty minute Authority promos at the start of every show? Yawn. Not Seth's fault though.