DVDVR Message Board

Raw Is The Elimination Chamber Blues - 2/12/2018

Dolfan in NYC

1 minute ago, Brysynner said:

I know it would be convoluted to get there but there's still time to get the belt on Elias and have him defend it at Mania against Braun. Reigns/Lesnar doesn't need the belt to be a hot match.

This will never. Ever. Evereverevereverever happen. Not in this dimension or any parallel ones. There are dimensions where it's more plausible for humans to have 3 arms and octopus tentacles for legs than for Elias to defend the title against Braun at this year's WM.

• Haha 1

They could do the sensible thing and have a Rollins/Finn match for the final spot next week, which would free up one of them for a singles match at the ppv.  There are still only 3 matches listed for EC, plus that Rousey contract signing which will eat up a bunch of time to set up whatever WM program they're going to run with for her.

34 minutes ago, L_W_P said:

Question for those of you who get to the shows on a more regular basis -

Is the "John Cena Suuuucks" song now done tongue-in-cheek like Angle's "You Suck" ?

I feel like even the smarkiest of smarks has to respect the man and the career that he has had at this point.

Edit - Also it wasnt until tonight that I realised his new gear colour matches the WrestleMania logo perfectly.

For the past few years I think WWE fans have been in "we just like to chant shit regardless of whether or not we agree with it" mode.

• Like 3

Sasha Banks vs. Bayley on RAW and the hometowner actually wins!

Sasha's never beat Bayley in high profile singles matches, right? NXT TakeOver: Brooklyn, NXT TakeOver: Respect, a match on RAW last year when the winner would face Alexa Bliss at SummerSlam and last night's RAW.

7 minutes ago, Red is Dead said:

How did Braun get so good so quickly? You look at the Wyatt family and, dollars to donuts, braun would have been the LAST one to be the most successful in 2018 out of the lot of them...

And he still probably hasn't had 250 matches total.

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, Red is Dead said:

How did Braun get so good so quickly? You look at the Wyatt family and, dollars to donuts, braun would have been the LAST one to be the most successful in 2018 out of the lot of them...

Really? Considering his size and presence I thought he was the one who had the brightest future as long a she was half decent, and he is so much more now. I'm trying to recall, but I think he accredited the feud with Roman for helping him improve.

48 minutes ago, Red is Dead said:

He worked Goldust, Henry, Big Show, Reigns, and Joe on House Shows?

5 hours ago, Rev Ray said:

By the way, I like that Nia got a late 80's/early 90's AJW perm

Renee Young started a new program last night via Instagram called "Backstage Pass" where she just walks around quickly chatting with the people she runs into. (She says she is doing it tonight before SDL too)

Anyway - she ran into Nia and Renee was complimenting her hair and Nia said that wavy style is actually her natural hair style.

I think Braun being heavily micromanaged (yes sometimes it does work) and guys like HHH convincing Vince to have patience that made Braun so good. Of course working with guys like Roman and Big Show doesn't hurt either. 

What's the deal with the Seth hate? I get that he hurt some dudes and is quite lame with his Metalcore shit but he's hardly Ziggler. 

Okay to preface, I am not a crazy 'I hate Roman Reigns' anti-vaxxer.  But the idea of putting anyone else in the Wrestlemania main event than Braun is incredibly tone deaf at this point.  For the first time in years, they have someone with actual momentum and they are squandering putting them over on the biggest stage of the year just as he continues to be as hot as hot could be.  Braun's clearly the lead babyface on the brand and he's going to have to work down the card from a main event that no one is really jazzed about?  It's dumb.

Tell you what, I'm not even mad at Roman being in the main.  It's the absentee father Brock Lesnar who swoops in to take the kids to Disney once a quarter and can't be assed to take them to the doctor thats the problem.  Its the culmenation of the Parttimermania which has hamstrung the WWE for ages where its more important to sell people not on the show every damn year.  But now, lets give them the title for four score and seven years to rot.

7 minutes ago, Rick said:

I think Braun being heavily micromanaged (yes sometimes it does work) and guys like HHH convincing Vince to have patience that made Braun so good. Of course working with guys like Roman and Big Show doesn't hurt either. 

What's the deal with the Seth hate? I get that he hurt some dudes and is quite lame with his Metalcore shit but he's hardly Ziggler. 

He's the worst promo in the company (okay, Kurt might be knocking him down to second worst) and I generally find his matches to be awful.

What's funny is I think he's a genuinely good tag wrestler. But a terrible singles wrestler. 

I hated him as Tyler Black. I liked him in The Shield. His main event run is quite possibly my least favorite in WWF/E history.

Even then, I still think he should be in a feature match with Bàlor at Mania.

But you can't spend 3 weeks on him not being in the chamber and then suddenly put him in without me ineffectually bitching on the internet about it.

• Like 1

To be fair - it’s not Rollins fault that Jason Jordan got hurt.

Granted the easier solution would be to not have Miz in the chamber and instead defending the IC title against Rollins but the toothpaste is outta the tube there

• Like 2