DVDVR Message Board

MLB 2018 - SPRING TRAINING~!

Dolfan in NYC

Thinking about how they’d structure that trip - probably something like:

- both teams play Wednesday day games, fly to London immediately after

- Thursday off

- Friday and Saturday day games in London (same as 7pm games on East Coast), fly back immediately after

- Sunday night game?

I'd guess they'd shift that by a day and have them play the games on Saturday & Sunday at 4pm their time or so, flying back Sunday night and both get Monday off.  

21 minutes ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

I'd guess they'd shift that by a day and have them play the games on Saturday & Sunday at 4pm their time or so, flying back Sunday night and both get Monday off.  

Yeah. That would also give them a Fox game and likely the ESPN Sunday (night) game. Fly Sunday night, get home Monday morning ET. 

4 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Justin Turner had his wrist broken after being hit with a pitch

Estimate is he is out 6 weeks

It looked and sounded real fucking rough. The idea is to shift Forsythe to 3rd, and some combination of Utley, Kiké Hernandez and Austin Barnes to play 2nd. It looks like LAD will carry 3 C on the roster, with Barnes and Kyle Farmer behind Yasmani Grandal, and both Barnes and Farmer can play multiple IF positions. Chris Taylor is also an option at 3rd, but Roberts said he remains the starting CF and would play SS if necessary.

Edited by grilledcheese

Adrian Gonzalez is truly earning his $545,000 salary.  

He's currently hitting .182, with 0 HR and 0 RBI.

2013 #1 pick Dom Smith is ready, but hurt, so A-Gon is probably going to start at 1st on opening day.   

YOUR NEW YORK METS!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

Adrian Gonzalez is truly earning his $545,000 salary.  

He's currently hitting .182, with 0 HR and 0 RBI.

2013 #1 pick Dom Smith is ready, but hurt, so A-Gon is probably going to start at 1st on opening day.   

YOUR NEW YORK METS!

Could be worse: we could be the Marlins.

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, sabremike said:

I'm already counting down to mini-camp opening in Davie.  

15 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

See you joke - yet somehow I will end up reviewing a Joker's Wild

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

I've already basically told you, the next one is probably one of the ECW One Night Stands.   Mainly because I am positive the crowd will annoy the absolute piss out of you. 

13 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Justin Turner had his wrist broken after being hit with a pitch

Estimate is he is out 6 weeks

Son of a bitch. Turner is my starting 3B in one of my fantasy leagues. I also have both Adrian Beltre and Mike Moustakas. Beltre was available so late in the draft I couldn't pass him up and Moustakas went undrafted.

19 hours ago, sabremike said:

Someone else made the joke, but the Marlins aren't even the worst team in their state.

Are the Rays even a team now?

I do like how people pretend Montreal wasn't an abjectly awful baseball town who did not go to the games or support the team.  

(And preemptively, yeah, Miami's no better. Hurr Hurr....)

12 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

I'd say this could make a difference if Baltimore were a contender. At best, they're a 3rd place team with or without Cobb.

HA! THIRD!

Baltimore needs to be very happy they are in the same division in the Rays... and even then I am not sure they don't finish last

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Alex Cobb finally gets the a four deal he was seeking. 4 yrs./60 mil

I'd say this could make a difference if Baltimore were a contender. At best, they're a 3rd place team with or without Cobb.

Smart move by the Orioles because if there's one thing Alex Cobb and their earlier signing Andrew Cashner are known for, it's durability. No chance that both wind up on the DL at the same time for an extended period of time. Right guys?

Guys?

.....guys?

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

I do like how people pretend Montreal wasn't an abjectly awful baseball town who did not go to the games or support the team.  

(And preemptively, yeah, Miami's no better. Hurr Hurr....)

I believe baseball in Montreal would have survived if not for the strike. The strike ruined what really was a great season. 

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/1994–95_Major_League_Baseball_strike

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

I believe baseball in Montreal would have survived if not for the strike. The strike ruined what really was a great season. 

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/1994–95_Major_League_Baseball_strike

In 1993, the year before the strike,  they drew 1.6 million, good for 13th in the NL and more than 2 million behind 2nd place Atlanta. 

In 1991, they drew just over 900,000.

People weren't going to the games. Strike had very little to do with it. 

• Thanks 1