DVDVR Message Board

MLB 2018 - SPRING TRAINING~!

Dolfan in NYC

On 3/23/2018 at 4:39 PM, RIPPA said:

Madison Bumgarner's pitching hand is broken after taking a line drive off of it today

This season already sucks and it hasn't even started yet

10 hours ago, odessasteps said:

17 years ago today ... 

Fun fact: I was at the Braves-Mets game in 1987 where Dion James hit a ball that struck and killed a bird. Oddest double ever.

On 3/22/2018 at 1:36 AM, OSJ said:

You guys are sleeping on the fact that baseball in Montreal went to hell in a handbasket after Rusty Staub retired. No Le Grande Orange, no baseball, simple as that. Oh yeah, and people had stopped singing "The Happy Wanderer" whenever the Expos were coming up to bat. Canada is a strange place.

Rusty was the kick in the gut.  Blue Monday was the Stone Cold Stunner

• Like 1

On 3/24/2018 at 1:06 AM, PetrolCB said:

And because the Jays stink. 

The Jays stinking or not is inconsequential.  No one in Montreal has ever liked anything with Toronto attached to it.  It was more of a feel good story to beat the drum for baseball coming back.  But a few years into this MLB is more likely to put another team in Florida before they ever set foot in Quebec again.  

On 3/21/2018 at 11:03 AM, Death From Above said:

Jays camp felt pretty nondescript to me, which honestly is the kind of season I am expecting at this point. 

Jays stuck in that mushy middle right now.  Cant pull the chute since you have 5 decent to good starters, with some expensive veterans in the starting 9 and the kids not quite ready to be up full time.  Will be interesting to see if the season gets ugly quickly how fast some guys come up and some guys leave.