DVDVR Message Board

MLB 2018 - SPRING TRAINING~!

Dolfan in NYC

Oh yeah baby, we're back for another season of baseball!  

Now, let me just see what the Marlins have been up t... Oh.  Oh dear...    

Well, I guess the rest of you enjoy your seasons. 

• Haha 2

I'm now fine with the Yu deal. Cubs now have a top 4 bullpen and rotation or something like that. Still not crazy about the years or the NTC, but there's enough sweeteners in the contact to make it easier to swallow.

Bruce Sherman is amazing.  Bring on Jeter as a minority non-controlling owner, make him the public face, go scortched earth on the franchise to continue the small market team grift, and let Jeter take all the blame.  That was smart.

• Haha 2

The Detroit Tigers posted a video of just guys playing catch so you could hear the smack  of the leather and ball. What an awesome sound. If you're a true baseball fan*, it's a sensory experience. The sound of the ball hitting a mitt, the crack of the bat, the smell of the ballpark, the colors of the field, and so on. I like other sports more than baseball now but they don't have the sensory pull that baseball does.

* - no disrespect to anyone who has lost sight /smell /etc

I'm usually all in favor of players getting their money when and where they can, but yeah in this instance it's really hard to support the players. Hosmer has TWO 7 year deals worth 20+ million a year on the table and that's not good enough? JD Martinez is "disgusted" that he's only gotten a 5 year, 125 million dollar offer from Boston? I do feel bad for the journeyman veteran guys who you see sign 1 and 2 year deals, since even that seems to have dried up, but I just can't drum up any support for guys like Hosmer and Martinez. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, West Newbury Bad Boy said:

Marcus Stroman has come down with a self-diagnosed case of thick skin. Team doctors are optimistic he'll recover in time for opening day. 

Marcus Stroman the pitcher is frequently fun to watch and worth the price of a ticket.  Marcus Stroman the person/Twitter personality is an insufferable twat