DVDVR Message Board

2018 CFL THREAD

RIPPA

Calgary is one of the most boring successful teams ever. Even their close games are just bad to watch.

Grey Cup was close until the punt return right before halftime and that killed it. Crowd just kept waiting for Ottawa to give them a reason to care and it never came. The weather was outstanding at least, and honestly couldn't be better for Edmonton this late in the year. Calgary's fans were the unpleasant, awful trash they always are.

Anyone that thinks Bo Levi Mitchell can make it in the NFL is absolutely blind. There is no dream universe where he is a better player now than Ricky Ray was when he went to the Jets.

• Like 1

The stadium seemed to be an even split in my area, with the mix of Stamps fans and ABC (anybody but Calgary) types cheering for Ottawa. I was on the Ottawa sideline side, and there really looked to be a lot of empty seats on the other side as they approached the end zone. Bright yellow seats are not a good thing on days like that.

I sorta lucked out at picking a hotel that was directly across from one of Edmonton Transit's Park + Ride lots, and having a gate right across from the Transit lot to make getting to the game easy. The weather was far incredible for what I imagined late-Edmonton November to be like, and I certainly over-packed for that despite the forecast looking promising.

You know you're getting old when you dislike country music, but still prefer the country opening act to the pop halftime act. 

2 hours ago, DouglasC said:

The stadium seemed to be an even split in my area, with the mix of Stamps fans and ABC (anybody but Calgary) types cheering for Ottawa. I was on the Ottawa sideline side, and there really looked to be a lot of empty seats on the other side as they approached the end zone. Bright yellow seats are not a good thing on days like that.

I sorta lucked out at picking a hotel that was directly across from one of Edmonton Transit's Park + Ride lots, and having a gate right across from the Transit lot to make getting to the game easy. The weather was far incredible for what I imagined late-Edmonton November to be like, and I certainly over-packed for that despite the forecast looking promising.

You know you're getting old when you dislike country music, but still prefer the country opening act to the pop halftime act. 

Come on Grey Cup 2020 in the Hammer with The Arkells as the halftime act!!!!!!

On 11/26/2018 at 12:20 PM, Death From Above said:

The halftime act obviously I am not the target audience but I thought she was great. Also quite frankly a way better piece of staging than most Grey Cup shows in the last few years.

Make it Nomeansno, DOA and Fucked Up and just call it a day.