DVDVR Message Board

NJPW STRONG STYLE EVOLVED (aka the US Show)

RIPPA

You know what pisses me off? That lamer Scurrl wearing both trunks and kneepads that rip off the logo from my buddy Lino's band Villains. I bet Lino could whoop his ass, too. Brooklyn cats don't fuck around. 

EDIT: Tell me that isn't way too similar to what he's wearing at this show

46418_logo.jpg

19 hours ago, Web Conn said:

That would be a big Show. I’m considering going this year. If they announce Jericho vs Naito I’ll almost have to go.

I’ve got a baby due two days before. Obviously I can’t complain, but I went to both Long Beach shows no hesitation, and now they’re in my back yard for hopefully the best show yet and there’s no possible way I can go. Oh well, I’ll be rooting for a sellout and will watch on tv (probably not live haha). 

6 hours ago, matt925 said:

I’ve got a baby due two days before. Obviously I can’t complain, but I went to both Long Beach shows no hesitation, and now they’re in my back yard for hopefully the best show yet and there’s no possible way I can go. Oh well, I’ll be rooting for a sellout and will watch on tv (probably not live haha). 

Why Matt, you're radiant!

• Haha 2

On 3/29/2018 at 5:45 PM, Oyaji said:

I enjoyed Meltzer claiming in this week's Observer that Ospreay is probably the best wrestler on the planet in one paragraph 

If anyone needed more proof that Meltzer's opinion is not correct this should seal it. Ospreay is one of my least favorite guys in NJPW he is pretty much all style and no substance, just flashy spots (which really explains why Dave loves him) Ospreay isn't even close to the best British wrestler on the planet. 

I finished the show up over the weekend, it was pretty good it flowed nicely except for White/Page which to be honest I started skipping forward during because it was not pulling me in. White had a good match with Omega but hasn't shown much else in the ring but he might develop into something, Page has always been eh to me but they needed a body for the US title match to hold off on Cody getting the belt, also see Finlay getting the next shot (did not see that coming)

The main tag was fun, I'm intrigued by what's going on with the Bucks so they got me pulled further into the story and that's good, match wasn't AMAZING but it was enjoyable. Suzuki/ZSJ vs Okada/Ishii was really good probably my match of the night loved the end with Suzuki stretching Okada and making him watch as ZSJ bends Ishii into submission, loved it.