DVDVR Message Board

NFL HALL OF FAME THREAD (where y'all go round and round about WRs)

dogwelder

5 hours ago, Brian Fowler said:

I remember Joe Buck derailing an entire game broadcast to rant about hating Moss.

I remember volumes written about how admitting he sometimes takes plays off made him the worst person in NFL history.

Etc etc

Yeah. Dude apparently half-assed his entire career and still managed to wind up #4 in NFL history in receiving yardage and #2 in NFL history in receiving touchdowns.

The first time he got to play with a Hall of Fame quarterback, all he did was half-ass his way to the single season record for receiving touchdowns and help get a team to within an insane helmet catch of a 19-0 season.

But yeah, Terrell Owens was better than that guy. My ass, he was.

Moss wasn't close to Rice.  People make a big deal out of Moss in '07.  He scored 23 TDs.  Cool.  Rice scored 23 TDs in 11 games.  Rice was making Pro Bowls at 40.  Rice was a large part of 3 championship offenses.  Nobody is Jerry Rice.  

And for the people in here talking about Randy's stats,  I hope you do realize that he and T.O.'s stats are identical.  

14 hours ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

Moss wasn't close to Rice.  People make a big deal out of Moss in '07.  He scored 23 TDs.  Cool.  Rice scored 23 TDs in 11 games.  Rice was making Pro Bowls at 40.  Rice was a large part of 3 championship offenses.  Nobody is Jerry Rice.  

And for the people in here talking about Randy's stats,  I hope you do realize that he and T.O.'s stats are identical.  

There is very little difference between Moss and T.O.  Seriously, they played 218 and 219 games respectively, and Moss score 3 more TDs.  The people who swear Moss was just better baffle me.  They have less than a yard difference in yards per catch.  If you look at stats, T.O. probably has the edge, because he has almost 100 more catches and almost 1000 more yards.    

I think Moss maybe had more natural ability but didn't exactly maximize it at all times.  He seemed like a guy that should have put up stats to make any debate about whether he was the best all time or not pretty much moot.  Except that's not how things actually played out.  

Moss is the Barry Sanders of receivers and as for T.O. I saw him singlehandedly take over more games (during Romo's breakout year in '07)  than I saw Dez accomplish in four seasons as Romo's primary receiver.  I don't have a strong opinion about one being significantly better than the other. The Owens bad teammate stigma is overplayed especially when you only hear about Charles Haley's five rings and never about his propensity for sharing bodily fluids and functions to bully and disturb his teammates. 

Rice is definitely getting the short shrift though. I still remember this bullshit he caught from Grbac because Deion didn't feel like shadowing him. Foolish bastards. That one really set the tone for an embarrassing ass thrashing.

Yeah, Moss may have been a video game character come to life but Rice was the one consistently putting up video game numbers year in, year out.  Besides if you want to go peak this and freak that when discussing greatest of all time, Megatron has as much business in that discussion as Moss.

• 7 months later...