DVDVR Message Board

WrestleMania XXXIV

MonteCarl

8 hours ago, (BP) said:

Any line on whether Dwayne is showing up to promote Rampage? That'll play a factor in runtime by give or take 45 minutes. His wife's about to give birth, so maybe no. 

Elias is definitely eating a guitar shot from Jarrett. It seems too obvious not to do.

Would be awesome, but seems like they never do anything with the inductees anymore other than the standard come out and wave.

1 minute ago, HumanChessgame said:

Several of us predicted it and it's just been confirmed - Fabulous Moolah battle royale for all the women who don't have a match.

Moolah empowering women? That was so cringeworthy. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 2

8 minutes ago, (BP) said:

The winner is the only competitor that doesn't get the majority of their Wrestlemania pay garnished by whoever trained them!

But the winner gets' pimped out to friendly promoters.

First one eliminated gets blackballed for life.  

4 hours ago, (BP) said:

I'd rather they do Sasha/Bayley on Raw the next night as the main event with time anyway. 

Not me.  They deserve the spot AND the time at the big dance.  It's bullshit if they don't get it. 

Also,   WWE celebrating Moolah?  Wasn't she literally a fucking pimp and horrible human being?   Are they out of their mind?  

Just now, evilwaldo said:

The words Twitter and hate just go together.  It has turned into a horrible platform in the last couple of years.

Moolah deserves it.

Like, this is the most tone deaf thing WWE's done (this year).  Didn't they specifically name the Women's Tourny after Mae specifically to avoid this backlash?

• Like 2

Just now, Raziel said:

Moolah deserves it.

Like, this is the most tone deaf thing WWE's done (this year).  Didn't they specifically name the Women's Tourny after Mae specifically to avoid this backlash?

I am not defending it but the history of pro wrestling is not exactly a place where you find spotless records.  It is pretty much well regarded that every promoter and star back then was pretty dark.

We all still celebrate Flair and he was not a clean sheet by a long shot.

Flair didn't use a training school as a whorehouse, exploit his students into sex slaves, destroy careers on a whim and single handedly choke out Women's Wrestling in the US for 30 years so badly that it only *just* recovered and made strides into seriousness in the past decade.  Yeah, Moolah is in that special place in hell next to Fritz.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, evilwaldo said:

Lawler is still employed by WWE right?

Oh, well I guess that makes naming a Battle Royal after a sex trafficker ok then, because a gross old man get trotted out every other month.

This is an odd hill to die on, considering the WWE's getting drug on this from every angle, including every woman on the roster that's posting how awesome the Moolah Battle Royal is.  During International Women's Month. 

1 minute ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

Lawler's controversies are pedestrian by comparison.  Moolah is someone who should never be named on WWE television again.  

If you believe in hell, there's a Table for Three being filmed with Moolah, Snuka, and Benoit. As much as I loved Benoit as a wrestler, it pains me to say, he turned out to be a monster of the highest order.

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, Raziel said:

This is an odd hill to die on, considering the WWE's getting drug on this from every angle, including every woman on the roster that's posting how awesome the Moolah Battle Royal is.  During International Women's Month. 

I stand by my belief Vince has no idea International Women's Month is a real thing. 

• Thanks 2

I know they are desperate to put a bunch of guys into one match, but why is Andre the Giant Memorial Battle Royale an annual thing?  It was introduced because Hogan came back and introduced a battle royal in tribute to Andre at WrestleMania. You don't get some sort of special title shot or anything. You get a trophy. It was fine that one year, and it had a cool finish and it seemed like something was going to happen with Cesaro.  

WWE is really in dire straights right now if they are just doubling up on the Battle Royale gimmick for WrestleMania.  It's just sad when they have one of the most talented rosters ever. IT reminds me of TNA back in around 06-08. 

There are nine titles to defend if you include the CW championship, plus the McMahons have to get their shit in and squeeze in some celeb and legends appearances.  I agree the battle royale gimmick is a bit tired, especially when it's less than 3 months removed from the rumble, but at the same time I guess it's good of them to try and get everyone on the roster a Mania payday/exposure.

I'd heard some mentions here and there of Moolah's misdeeds here and there but nothing comprehensive, is there a concise breakdown of the particulars anywhere?