DVDVR Message Board

WrestleMania XXXIV

MonteCarl

Just for the sake of comparison (since the Takeover ones were posted in that thread)

Per the new WON

• Andre - 1 1/2
  • Cedric/Ali - 3
  • (Not) Moolah - 1 1/2
  • IC Title - 3 1/2
  • Charlotte/Asuka - 4
  • US Title - 2 3/4
  • Kurt/Rhonda vs. HHH/Steph - 4 1/4
  • SDL Tag - 2
  • Taker/Cena - 1 1/4
  • Bryan/Shane vs. KO/Sami - 3 1/2
  • Nia/Alexa - 2 3/4
  • AJ/Nakamura - 3 3/4
  • Raw Tag - 1
  • Brock/Reigns - 3

Since it is a bone of contention every year

This year's Mania DVD will have the kickoff show matches (as special features on Disc 1)

It will NOT have the Hall of Fame ceremony - instead Disc 3 will be the RAW after Mania (Paige as new GM and Carmella cashing in with be blu-ray exclusives)

Basically because of how long both the HOF ceremony and Mania itself were - they couldn't fit them both in on a 3 disc set

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, RolandTHTG said:

Just realized Shane now holds the record for the longest time between Mania victories with 17 years. (Iron Sheik 14 years, Bret Hart 13 years, Mabel/Terry Funk 12 years)

Now I am sorely disappointing that this doesn't mean that the tag team of Mabel and Terry Funk won a match at Wrestlemania and then reunited for a dream match 12 years later.

• Haha 1

Was thinking about how the main complaint of Mania recently is that it's just too long and the ideas out there about splitting the show up in to two days, so I thought I'd take a stab at splitting this year's card in to two days while will trying to keep both days with good shows that both still feel like important WrestleMania shows. Here's what I came up with:

WRESTLEMANIA DAY 1:

DB/Shane v Owens/Sami
US Four Way
SD Women's Title
RAW Tag Title
Women's Battle Royal
Taker/Cena
AJ/Nak

WRESTLEMANIA DAY 2:

IC Triple Threat
Cruiserweight Title
RAW Women's Title
SD Tag Titles
Mixed Tag
Men's Battle Royal
Reigns/Brock

Making it two days will only make them run two 5-hour shows instead of one.   Unless they plan on going the full Lollapalooza route, they'd be better served telling the agents strict times and setting out matches that conform to those, full stop.  

OR better yet, how's about not running 14 matches on a single show?  

I figured that if they did do two nights of shows, they would still consider the Sunday night show the "bigger" show and would thus put (in their minds) the two biggest matches on that 2nd night. With this split, both shows still get two very hyped matches (DB's return and AJ/Nak on night one, the mixed tag and Reigns/Brock on night two)

4 minutes ago, Wyld Samurai said:

You'd be eliminating Takeover, or pushing that to Friday. 

You're proposing a music festival set up. In a sense it would start Thursday night with the HoF ceremony with a fanfest.

Exactly

On 3/9/2018 at 8:54 PM, Brian Fowler said:

I keeping waiting for the day Vince realizes that the REAL money is in two days of WrestleMania. Hall of Fame Thursday, TakeOver Friday, Night 1 Saturday, Night 2 Sunday, RAW Monday, SmackDown Tuesday.

Sell 50,000 tickets two straight nights instead of 65,000 one night. Even if you have to cut ticket prices a bit to sell both shows, the gate will be huge. Both nights are 7-11, nothing is preshow. You put the biggest and fourth biggest match one night, the second and third biggest matches the other, you have plenty of time to put everyone on the card, you don't have to cut anything down to 2 minutes last second, you don't keep the audience captive for almost 7 straight hours. 

It would somewhat screw over all the indies that piggyback off WrestleMania, but that's not Vince's problem, and they could run Thursday-Friday and then do morning shows Saturday and Sunday anyway.

• Like 3

What I really wish they'd do on the network is allow users to set up a match playlist so someone could essentially program their own card based on the matches they actually wanted to see from a posted show. It'd be like a fan edit.