DVDVR Message Board

WrestleMania XXXIV

MonteCarl

The next WWE conference call is going to be interesting depending on how much cash the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia paid WWE to change the booking of the main event. Though the money likely went directly to Vince McMahon's bank account.

Also if significant money passed hands into Vince McMahon's bank account, I wonder if there would be legal issues since Linda McMahon is a cabinet member of the Trump administration.

Got in really late so haven't watched Raw, but Mania was super fun. Met Rowan at my favorite (and maybe the last standing) dive bar in the Quarter (The Abbey) so was stoked they won. Thought the crowd handled the main perfectly with all the beach ball stuff. Bryan was great. Rousey match was so much better than expected. Wasn't nearly as cool as ROH the night before, but I had a blast.

6 hours ago, Brysynner said:

The next WWE conference call is going to be interesting depending on how much cash the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia paid WWE to change the booking of the main event. Though the money likely went directly to Vince McMahon's bank account.

Also if significant money passed hands into Vince McMahon's bank account, I wonder if there would be legal issues since Linda McMahon is a cabinet member of the Trump administration.

The new XFL is a Producers-level money laundering scheme?

• Like 1

Per Meltzer (and I think others have a similar version of this) - the only people who knew Brock was winning were Vince, Brock and Reigns (one would assume Heyman too but that was left unsaid)

Dave quote on the WON Radio was "I know for certain that none of the producers and none of writers knew"

Apparently - the ref was told while in the ring what the finish was.

It's clear from the way Dave was talking that his source is a high level person but maybe not as in power as much (say John Laurinaitis or Pat Patterson) or Heyman himself.

So as per usual - take it for what its worth

12 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Per Meltzer (and I think others have a similar version of this) - the only people who knew Brock was winning were Vince, Brock and Reigns (one would assume Heyman too but that was left unsaid)

Dave quote on the WON Radio was "I know for certain that none of the producers and none of writers knew"

Apparently - the ref was told while in the ring what the finish was.

It's clear from the way Dave was talking that his source is a high level person but maybe not as in power as much (say John Laurinaitis or Pat Patterson) or Heyman himself.

So as per usual - take it for what its worth

Didn't Meltzer also say Shane was off WrestleMania due to his surgery?

7 minutes ago, TheVileOne said:

Didn't Meltzer also say Shane was off WrestleMania due to his surgery?

Everyone said Shane was off Mania

Shane being a crazy person doesn't make the reporting wrong

• Like 2

More Brock news from Meltzer:

On the latest Wrestling Observer Radio, Dave Meltzer gave some further details about Brock Lesnar's new WWE contract and exactly what happened at WrestleMania last Sunday. Expect more on this in the new Wrestling Observer Newsletter, released today.

- Meltzer said that Lesnar signed a new deal "at a higher rate" and that it wasn't an extension of his current deal. He was unsure if the deal is just for one more match, but that we'll obviously get a better sense after the end of that match on what his immediate future is.

- He said that the plan to bring back Lesnar was made on the go-home Raw and that the deal was made that day but was signed on Mania Sunday before the match.

- Meltzer said Reigns showed up to Mania thinking he would leave as the champion and was told of the change in plans that day. He doesn't know if he was upset at that. Meltzer said the plan is still to go with Reigns as champion at some point, but everyone knew if he won the title at Mania, the crowd was going to boo it heavily. He doesn't know if the title change will happen at The Greatest Royal Rumble or not.

- The amount of people that knew about the finish was minimal which is why people were surprised so much by the finish which was supposed to be an F5 into a spear and pin. That's why people were surprised and confused when Lesnar won after hitting another F5. 

- Lesnar didn't "go into business for himself" by busting open Reigns and that Reigns wasn't double-crossed.

- The referee didn't know the finish until he got into the ring.

- Meltzer said he'll believe that Lesnar is going to UFC when he re-enters the USADA testing pool.

As someone who watches WWE once a blue moon I was not ready to how brain numbing this show can be. I just finished the Intercontinental title triple-threat and Asuka vs Charlotte and the combination of three people barking at my ears non stop, plus the insane cuts and camera angle changes makes me feel mentally drained. It's like watching all the Transformers movies at the same time. If Dunn ever starts watching movies from the 00's and doing shaky cam it will be a first class ticket to Vomitville.

How some of you guys are able to endure 5+ hours of this every week is beyond me.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

I like the one where they're roasting Lesser for being irl anti-gay.

Phone autocorrected Brock's surname.  I just see it as "corrected".

• Like 1