DVDVR Message Board

WrestleMania XXXIV

MonteCarl

2 minutes ago, HumanChessgame said:

Nicholas should have claimed to be one of Heath Slater's kids who could have got on the mic afterwards and said "somebody in this family has to put food on the table".

Re: the Brock/Vince rumorzzzz....maybe Brock was refusing to do a job on his way out (even though it's not like wins and loses in a fake sport matter in the UFC) and Vince didn't want a repeat of Montreal?

I'm pretty sure at this point Brock cares little about anything but the money.

I got a kick out of the "I Don't Even like Times New Roman" sign during the main event intros, even though it took me 30 seconds to figure out exactly what it said because my brain was mush by that point.  

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

I get the idea the Vince/Brock deal will be as frustrating as that one time where everyone lost their GD minds over Cena, Umaga and Dolph HAZING~! poor Johnny Jeter.

What's going to be frustrating is unless whoever told Satin of the incident is full of shit and just working him, it they go with a worked shoot "Brock is out of control", the result of the Main with the build up helps absolutly no one.

8 minutes ago, RolandTHTG said:

Nicholas surely pisses hot tonight and serves a thirty day suspension

"It's just a fine for smoking weed, but I get a month off for drinking Mountain Dew Code Red?! I'm outta here!"

"Fine, go work Japan, Nicholas! You get caught in the airport with Code Red and they'll put you away for three years!"

• Like 3
  • Haha 5

2 hours ago, CSC said:

I got a kick out of the "I Don't Even like Times New Roman" sign during the main event intros, even though it took me 30 seconds to figure out exactly what it said because my brain was mush by that point.  

As a Baskerville guy, that sign rocked.

• Haha 1

I really liked the show.

My only complaints - Swap the spots for the two world title matches and the booking is much better in terms of pacing and leaving it open for "What happens next?" and then fire whoever picked out the lighting for Taker's entrance and post match.

10 minutes of neon purple/blue was not fun to watch...

• Like 2

1 hour ago, RolandTHTG said:

Nicholas surely pisses hot tonight and serves a thirty day suspension

To steal from Kayfabe News... he's already tested positive for Flintstones Chewable Vitamins.

• Haha 4

This pains me to say this, but Miz not only looked great last night, but he hung with those two like he belonged. 

Don't really know who Bianca Belair is, but I marked when she turned her hair into a whip. That was awesome. 

The first two minutes of the Asuka/Flair match was the best feeling out process I've seen in a long time. Put me in the "wrong woman won" category. 

I know by all accounts, Jinder is well-liked backstage, but c'mon son...

Rhonda was such a great hot tag, that I started laughing with glee. Kudos to Stephanie for emoting the fear of God right before Rhonda slapped that arm bar on her. It came off really sadistic. 

New Day's set was ridiculous. I literally had to put my joint out when I saw the little pancake guys doing the worm. It was too much for my mind to process. 

So the story they are running is that Asuka is happy the streak is over?  That actually makes logical sense.  It's like an NBA team with a 22-game winning streak.  They put so much effort into the streak,  it takes a life of its own, nobody will ever shut up about it and it becomes a distraction.  

5 hours ago, Casey said:

C'mon dude, he passed right by No Way Jose and didn't even know who he was. You expect Braun to know who Suzuki is besides "random Japanese fan with a cool sense of style"?

I got excited when I saw Jose until I realized that was just the NXT section.

3 hours ago, Pete said:

I get the idea the Vince/Brock deal will be as frustrating as that one time where everyone lost their GD minds over Cena, Umaga and Dolph HAZING~! poor Johnny Jeter.

When was this?  Weren’t Dolph and Jeter in the Spirit Squad together?

1 hour ago, HumanChessgame said:

When Nicholas gets future endeavored and starts working the indies again you all will suddenly care about him again.  Wait and see.

Janela has already booked Nicholas/Riddle for next year’s Spring Break.

Maybe that kid was a good actor, but he looked like he was scared as fuck standing on the apron.  I kinda felt bad for him.

The main event was awful.   I just can't get into Brock matches anymore.  He clearly doesn't give a shit and his matches are all the same.  Guess I can kinda feel bad for him because they killed his finisher dead, but screw him.  They should fire him tonight for busting Roman open and strip him of the title.  Let Heyman talk for Rhonda.

For the third year in a row I will say that Taker shouldn't be anywhere near a wrestling ring.  Yeah he looked better than last year, but it is still painful to watch.  Loved Cena selling the boot a full foot before it got to him.

it was a good show overall, but way to long.