DVDVR Message Board

WrestleMania XXXIV

MonteCarl

11 hours ago, Peck said:

Because Brock likes to potato people for shits & giggles?

No, just like the Cena Extreme Rules 2012 match, I’m pretty sure that was a planned spot in order to draw blood. I don’t understand WWE’s logic here. Blading is barbaric but legit elbows to the cranium are ok?? Legit cuts to the head bleed like a mofo too. 

If they were going to bring in a kid to be Braun's partner and kill their tag teams even more dead, they could at least have gotten the little girl Kenny Omega wrestled several years back.  At least she was willing to bump.

(In all seriousness, if that wasn't a make-a-wish kid, it's a missed opportunity).

14 minutes ago, Beech27 said:

It is A Song of Ice and Fire, so I actually found the Burn it down/Night's King contradiction to be pretty clever on Seth's part. (I know this matters not at all, but still.)

That hole in The Wall would seem to invalidate this.

zombie-viserions-blue-flames-were-super-

(Yes this is a spoiler.  It's been a year. Shut up.)

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

There’s was some questionable stuff on the show (Charolette breaking the streak, Jinder pinning Rusev, Cena vs Taker only lasting 3 minutes) but there was a ton of fun shit too (The triple threat, the crowd being insane for the Rousey match, D-Brys return, AJ vs Nak despite a dead crowd and Nicolas as Tag champ) 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, RIPPA said:

OH!

Totally forgot until now

Other Mania highlight - Aidan English shaving his head AFTER the Andre but BEFORE coming out for the US Title Match

When I saw him, I was sort of confused for a moment, and I had to really think about whether he had hair in the battle royal. As a dude who noticed he was balding in the middle of the day and went home on his lunch break to shave his head, I greatly appreciate Aiden pulling a similar sort of deal.

There were a lot of reasons Charlotte and AJ retained, but cynical ol' me has to believe there was at least one conversation about Nak/Asuka involving the argument, "Can you imagine them being interviewed on Good Morning America?"

Nak's in better shape now than he would've been as a face champion. Asuka's probably in for a rough year. Charlotte's basically the female Reigns. She got really good and grew into a huge push already in progress, but the booking has kneecapped her at times only to then overcompensate in the other direction at the expense of others. Regardless, I really loved Charlotte/Asuka, and frankly the main card women's matches were the majority of the bright spots on the card for me. 

• Like 1

When Asuka went into her Charlotte appreciation festival, it sounded like she yelled, "SHUT UP!" to the fans.  Yeah, I suspected it was fatigue and English proficiency when she kept talking, but I was pretty pleased at first.

• Like 2

Just now, Michael Sweetser said:

That was a decent Raw, although really long.  SmackDown tonight should be fun.

You know - on some levels they almost laid it out like a RAW now

Where they booked the most important match to them (in this case the Rousey match) in the middle to get it in before everyone bails on the final hour

Finally got in - this is what they posted

Pro Wrestling Sheet has confirmed with multiple sources that Brock Lesnar and Vince McMahon got into a real-life verbal altercation after WrestleMania 34.

Details are still scarce, but we’re told Lesnar was livid when he returned to the backstage gorilla position and went off on the WWE Chairman … who was not happy about it.

Sources tell us the brief, but heated incident ended with Brock throwing the Universal Title belt — some say at Vince, some say at a wall — then walking away. No word yet on what set him off.

We’re told there’s a belief that Brock may have gone off script a little bit near the end of the match, but we’ve been unable to confirm if this is true.

30 minutes ago, nate said:

When Asuka went into her Charlotte appreciation festival, it sounded like she yelled, "SHUT UP!" to the fans.  Yeah, I suspected it was fatigue and English proficiency when she kept talking, but I was pretty pleased at first.

Had nearly the exact same reaction, except I heard "SHUT IT!"

As for the Brock thing, maybe he was upset Jericho wasn't there to give him a post-match kiss. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, (BP) said:

There were a lot of reasons Charlotte and AJ retained, but cynical ol' me has to believe there was at least one conversation about Nak/Asuka involving the argument, "Can you imagine them being interviewed on Good Morning America?"

I'm not sure about Asuka, but Nakamura's English is MUCH better than it comes off in the ring.  He pretty much held his own on the Jericho podcast a year or so ago and prob would have been fine on GMA.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Finally got in - this is what they posted

At this point, are we still believing guys that seem to be getting worked in regards to Brock?

When I saw that little video with Charlotte Flair listing all of Sasha Banks' accomplishments all I could think was 'and yet you're the one getting a featured singles match on the main show whereas Sasha is buried in the pre-show battle royal'. This despite the fact that since day one on the main roster Sasha has been better in the ring, come off as more of a star, been more over with the crowd, and been more marketable. I know this is wrestling and there's a long history of less deserving people getting opportunities over those more deserving, but this one irked me more than usual. Charlotte and Asuka delivered in the ring, but I wasn't happy with the result.

I guess that's all I can be bothered to say about Mania. Oh, and also that it's possible to have a 5-10 minute match at Mania AND a 20-minute match at a future ppv. It doesn't have to be one or the other. And you can definitely find time for that on a 5-hour plus show.

• Like 2