DVDVR Message Board

WrestleMania XXXIV

MonteCarl

I want to imagine Vince was in his office in the afternoon finalizing the mania plans on a whiteboard when his third red bull and 4th coke bump give him a heart attack leaving the plans half finished.  Kevin Dunn finds it and tries to decipher Vince's scribbling for the booking and Bob's your uncle. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

As for Ronda, I thought she looked good for working her first pro wrestling match. I feel like she can only get better. Don't have her wrestle every week. 

On the times she does wrestle on Raw or Smackdown, I just want her to destroy people like in her MMA fights. do a couple cool moves and submit them with the armbar. Get her armbar variation as a murder death killer.

• Like 2

I woke up as the show was half over so I caught the last ten hours.

Ronda is going to end up being a great wrestler. Stephanie surviving the arm bar was hilarious. As was Hunter comedic overselling for Ronda and underselling for Kurt.

Glad the Bludgeons got the tag titles four years after they should have. But better late than never. 

If only Hulk Hogan had bought a Mania ticket, he would be tag team champion. 

John Cena got his ass kicked...

• Like 8

12 minutes ago, The Natural said:

Sasha Banks is the best women's wrestler on the roster getting their best matches:

Bayley, Charlotte, Lynch, Alexa Bliss, Nia Jax and argument for Asuka as well. I'd probably still take Asuka vs. Moon from NXT TakeOver: Brooklyn III.

Banks vs. Asuka. RAW, 29th January 2018 > Charlotte vs. Asuka last night.

Sorry, but hell no to that. I liked the Sasha match, but the match with Charlotte tonight did way more for me. I liked the matches Asuka had with Bayley and Nia more as well. And I think Asuka's last match with Ember rivals the big Bayley/Sasha matches.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Eivion said:

Sorry, but hell no to that. I liked the Sasha match, but the match with Charlotte tonight did way more for me. I liked the matches Asuka had with Bayley and Nia more as well. And I think Asuka's last match with Ember rivals the big Bayley/Sasha matches.

Fair dos. Had more attachment to Asuka/Banks as it involved Banks. Haven't watched the Bayley and Nia matches in NXT/RAW for a time. I'd have Asuka/Ember Moon's last match a step down from the two Banks/Bayley TakeOver matches in 2015. Not discrediting that Asuka/Moon match as I'd have it ahead of the majority of WWE's Women's match with the exception of those Banks/Bayley matches mentioned and Charlotte/Banks Falls Count Anywhere on RAW in November 2016.

That last hour of the show had me so dumb founded. I mean the show was going great till about 11 PM and then it went right off the rails. 

Nakamura heel turn. Them really having no idea what to do with Braun. But my God, the Brock/Roman match was something else. Could of had it like Brock/Goldberg last year and it would have been fine. This was same uncomfortable feeling I got watching Bret vs. Vince at WM 26 where the beating just kept going and going. I'm not sure what they were trying to accomplish?

Roman can get the shit beaten out of him and still kick out? 

So yeah the show started off so great to end like that.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, bazzil said:

Am I imagining things or did Graves say he hoped for a hurricane when Sheamus and Cesaro were making their entrance?

He claimed on Twitter he meant the drink and blah blah internet geeks

• Like 1

1 minute ago, bazzil said:

Am I imagining things or did Graves say he hoped for a hurricane when Sheamus and Cesaro were making their entrance?

Corey Graves is an unrepentant douche bag, so it wouldn't surprise me. 

Cole calling Sonya Deville two different wrong names is still my Mania highlight

Especially because he honestly thought she was Kairi Sane for a good 90 seconds

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

A long time ago, people thought Wrestlemania IV was too long at four hours.

I feel sorry for everyone who watched all of this live but admire your endurance. I watched the show via the WWE twitter account and it seemed much more digestible 

3 hours ago, TheVileOne said:

Royal Rumble is pretty much a pointless gimmick at this point. They won't actually get behind the people they allow to win it. It's become a meaningless prop.

So is Wrestlemania in some regard. It's just a regular PPV only with better production and a larger than life presentation these days, feuds don't finish there and people don't go over when they should.

• Like 1

The women’s battle royal was pretty eh but Cool to see Naomi win although the decision to do so in such a heelish way was strange. And I’m not sure what happened with Sasha/Bayley. I almost expected Sasha to somehow play a part in Bayley losing.

My favorite match was Charlotte/Asuka. No woman has been better booked than Charlotte so I’m fine with her ending the streak. Besides, this adds some vulnerability to Asuka’s character. 

Ronda looked way better than I expected her to and Alexa got in far too much offense again Nia although I thought it was smart of Nia to pretty much destroy Mickie ahead of time. 

2 minutes ago, Victator said:

The show is still going.

At this point I’m not convinced this isn’t just the continuation of last years show 

• Like 1