DVDVR Message Board

WrestleMania XXXIV

MonteCarl

Enjoyed the show a lot. A  couple of minor quibbles, but nothing too awful. Team Levesque vs Team Rangle is probably going to turn out to be one of my favorite WM matches, ever. Great storytelling in that one. Loved Nak heel turn, too. About fucking time.

Didn't mind the main event, and the blood was a cool touch. Like everyone, totally expected Roman to win. Intrigued as to what happens now.

• Thanks 1

Roman bleeding probably would've helped a lot more a few minutes earlier, but he was bleeding so bad I'm not sure he could've survived it happening earlier. But that match needed to be shorter and faster. It needed to look just like last year's Brock match.

Who would've thought Switchblade/Hangman would be the most influential match of the year so far?  Everybody's doing shit off the apron to the floor now.  Suplexes to the floor are the new apron bumps.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

Just now, Casey said:

Hey guys, how about we stop making fun of how Sasha and/or Paige look? That’s fucking weird.

Their makeup people are making them look terrible. I don't think it's sexist to point that out. 

• Like 12
  • Thanks 3

8 minutes ago, Oyaji said:

As much as Ronda looked fantastic at pretty much everything in the ring and like a star tonight, they gotsta fuck off with that Homer Simpson makeup shotgun they applied to her. She looked like an 18 year old goth kid halfway through the match. And Jesus, Paige...

Rousey in makeup just wasn't right. 

5 minutes ago, Oyaji said:

Their makeup people are making them look terrible. I don't think it's sexist to point that out. 

The same problem happened during early NXT. Homer Simpson makeup shotgun wasn't far from the end results.

EDIT: And, no, I think neither Paige nor Sasha had bad make-up, I was pointing out the "Boss" tattoo... why am I explaining a joke?

• Haha 1

It’s weird as hell they spent the last year rebuilding the F5 as a one-shot kill, only to have Roman kick out of five, and lose anyway. I get looking strong in defeat, but another not-quite coronation isn’t that, and we may suddenly be right back to seeing other would-be main eventers pinned without a reaction, because the crowd just knew they’d kick out of at least one. It doesn’t help anyone.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

like Piranesi said, Cena building to the match for the past month only to get squashed made him look like a clown. If Taker can't go, then he shouldn't be working full stop. He was hitting the ropes, hitting the corners, nailing leg drops and whatever else. The gripe here is the handling of Cena (who would have thought?) and the build up promising so much more. 

1 minute ago, Beech27 said:

It’s weird as hell they spent the last year rebuilding the F5 as a one-shot kill, only to have Roman kick out of five, and lose anyway. I get looking strong in defeat, but another not-quite coronation isn’t that, and we may suddenly be right back to seeing other would-be main eventers pinned without a reaction, because the crowd just knew they’d kick out of at least one. It doesn’t help anyone.

It also sours people on Reigns even in defeat. One F5 beat Joe. One F5 ended the triple threat at the Rumble. But Reigns kicks out of FIVE, with one being through a table? Even if he didn't win that's still fuck off nonsense.

• Like 7
  • Haha 1