DVDVR Message Board

WrestleMania XXXIV

MonteCarl

Loved Finn’s gay community (I’d have cried to see that when I was like 12), Asuka/Charlotte (though that promo was a brutal idea), Nak turning back into the man who will brutally kick another man through ropes (and I really liked the match, epic of all time though it was not), and Daniel Bryan wrestling.

Did not love a lot of other things, and there were a lot of other things, but hated very little. And I never want to see Brock again.

• Like 5

Just now, The Natural said:

Any others feel same?

I don't mind her streak ending because excessive winning streaks/title reigns are something I really can't stand as they come of as so forced and lead to obnoxious booking decisions.  The match itself was fantastic and I don't have any complaints about it.  Fuck Cena for interrupting the end though.  And Jinder winning the title was bullshit.

• Like 1

before anyone else reads this, please remember that I love fuck finishes and carney bullshit.

loved

-charlotte/asuka motn by a damn mile
-cena/undertaker, or, "Talk Shit Get Hit: The Match"
-ELIAS

liked

-harper superbomb
-nakamura's heel turn but only if it actually means the return of Bored Malicious God Nakamura and not just "i vibrate and then mean mug"
-braun turning extremely face

indifferent

-miz/seth/finn
-bosses vs. workers
-ronda's match, although it was funny to see how like WCCW throwback it was
-us title
-jax/bliss

hated

-"YOU DON'T HAVE THE" "HEART YOU DON'T HAVE THE" "SOUL" gtfoh
-i think they skipped ivory when they read out hall of famers

I genuinely don't know what to make of the main event. I haven't been that confused by a match's central idea since, like, HHH/Orton.

I love that Nia didn't squash Alexa. I know people wanted it and that's great for character reasons, it means Alexa works as a shit heel. But she's just so goddamn good at working heel and her comeback was convincing and dirty and it made Nia earn this and keeps Alexa strong.

Hell I was sort of hoping she would win to have Alexa/Charlotte set up since they were practically invincible. Imagine the entrances for that.

• Like 2

I think my favorite commentating moment was Corey excitedly exclaiming that Steph had Ronda in a Rear Naked..... then remembered he's not allowed to say "choke" so we had about 5 seconds of awkward silence afterwards.

• Like 4

Was that barbarism with Roman supposed to be his Stone Cold crimson mask moment and he'll end up winning the belt tomorrow night anyways? I thought Brock's face looked a little red early in the match like they had agreed to trade some bombs here and there. I wouldn't take that deal.  

Just now, Brian Fowler said:

The booking and layouts were so bad for so much of the show.

But the wrestling was actually really good for at least the first couple hours.

But what the fuck man?

SKipping Orton/Roode/Mahal/Rusev to go take a quick shower was a smart move and allowed me to make it through hours 4-7 pretty well.  But then the second half of the show started...

Cena can blame the loss on the two miller lites he had during the show. Seriously though, Cena is in Hogan/Austin/Rock territory, he shouldn't be getting squashed like that. Taker looked good, slick, fast, mobile. The complete opposite of last year. My only takeaway would be it re-established his stock going forward, but why? He's 50 years old. Head scratcher. 

1 minute ago, piranesi said:

"Okay, guys, we've got Kevin Steen, El Generico, and Bryan Danielson all in one match.  So, Shane, we're really gonna need you to step up and carry most of this one."

My thoughts exactly.  Why is the guy who should legit be in the hospital right now and physically looks like shit be in the lion's share of this?  And can someone PLEASE take Shane aside and tell him what shit his punches are? Because clearly nobody has for the last decade.

Hey, fun fact, this the first singles or regular tag match Shane McMahon has won in nine years.