DVDVR Message Board

WrestleMania XXXIV

MonteCarl

Charlotte vs. Asuka was match of the night.

I was having a good time until Shinsuke got pinned. Then it just got worse and worse and worse. Feel bad for Roman. Saddled with Bork's shitty spam matches. 

The worst part is the fans chanting "This is Awful" were right, but it wasn't because of Roman. And they'll never realize it.

• Like 8

2 minutes ago, jaedmc said:

The worst part is the fans chanting "This is Awful" were right, but it wasn't because of Roman. And they'll never realize it.

"This is boring" chants proceeded it. They are the worst, worst.

HATED

Asuka's streak ending.

Asuka cutting a promo putting Charlotte over more.

We've speculated about how Asuka's streak would end and how it would be a big deal. When it does happen,  WWE cuts to the referee telling John Cena, Undertaker had arrived. Do that in a latter match.

Jinder Mahal the new WWE United States Champion and pinning Rusev to win.

• Like 3

So both Takeover and WrestleMania were entire cards where I disagreed with who won every match. Yet I greatly enjoyed Takeover and hated WrestleMania.

My daughter tapped out when Sasha lost, my wife and I tapped out when Asuka lost, my son tapped out when Shinsuke lost. Bright side NXT DC is on a week and a half so we can all enjoy a show again

1 minute ago, El Dragon said:

I wonder what the odds are for 2 best matches of the night being Charlotte/Asuka & the Mixed Tag?

Fucking long, even longer for the Mixed Tag. That somehow worked out like Vince vs. Shane at WrestleMania X-Seven and Floyd Mayweather Jr. vs. The Big Show at WrestleMania XXIV did,

4 minutes ago, AaronMLuke said:

Wow. A bigger middle finger to your audience I have never seen.

It’s not really a middle finger to the audience since, uh, the audience really doesn’t care about Roman Reigns.

3 minutes ago, El Dragon said:

I wonder what the odds are for 2 best matches of the night being Charlotte/Asuka & the Mixed Tag?

Not that long because Charlotte is great when she’s in there with a top tier worker.

plus Angle and Hunter will always will their matches to be very good (also the booking of the entire card sucked making it easier for Hunter/Steph/Angle/Rousey to have a very good match)

Just now, Brysynner said:

Not that long because Charlotte is great when she’s in there with a top tier worker.

plus Angle and Hunter will always will their matches to be very good (also the booking of the entire card sucked making it easier for Hunter/Steph/Angle/Rousey to have a very good match)

Angle and Hunter were the 4th and 3rd best performances in that match though. It was the Rousey/Steph sections that were fantastic.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Casey said:

It’s not really a middle finger to the audience since, uh, the audience really doesn’t care about Roman Reigns.

Fair enough. Still that entire match was nothing but a middle finger to the live crowd and the audience at home. Enjoyed the show in general, but that main event was horrid.

Just now, El Dragon said:

Angle and Hunter were the 4th and 3rd best performances in that match though. It was the Rousey/Steph sections that were fantastic.

I assume Hunter, Angle and Drake were directing traffic 

1 minute ago, Raziel said:

Best Mania since 19.  Even if some of the results are head scratchers.

I would totally agree with that.  If I hadn't seen a WM since 19.

Mind-boggling booking decisions.  And this shit is WAY too long.  AJ/Naka should have opened or main evented.  I actually would have given this show a thumbs up if the Lesnar/Reigns shitstorm was in the midcard and the show ended with the Nak heel turn.  I honestly would be losing my mind .  But nope, now it's "I have to WAIT ANOTHER FUCKING YEAR for the REIGNS PAYOFF?!?!?"

• Like 2