DVDVR Message Board

WrestleMania XXXIV

MonteCarl

Just now, MonteCarl said:

The ending to the Cruiserweight match seemed abrupt and came right as the match appeared to be picking up steam. Guessing they got the "go home" cue earlier than expected?

Was super-disappointing, that's for sure. Certainly the antithesis of the recent 205 Live TV Main Events, etc.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Black Angel said:

Since my buddies got me hooked on this I'll put this here(Although most of you have probably seen this already).

Reveal hidden contents

vnkqpRC.jpg

My summary after the pre-show:

Men's Battle Royal: 4 points (I got Matt Hardy as one of the final four and correctly guessed that there are not more than three non-main roster guys in the match; I though Elias would win, had Aiden and Ziggler as additional final four guys and thought Corbin would be gone first)

CW Championship: 4 points (I got both extra questions - easy points - but though Ali would win)

Women's Battle Royal: 10 points (I had Sasha, Bailey and Naomi correctly as final four women; I though Ruby would be the fourth and win the match; I also had Carmella correctly as first being eliminated and had 6 or more non-main roster women) 

8 hours ago, ReiseReise said:

Suzuki is not going to be at Wrestlemania. Just stating this because it's best not to get any hopes up for sth impossible to happen. Nobody should get hurt like I did. :, (

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!

• Like 8
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Casey said:

What a weird fucking show. 

It's like everything that shouldn't of worked on this show way overdelivered and the seeming can't miss aspects went over like a wet fart.

Men's BR was a thing.  Two years in a row with a fuck finish.  

The CW title match never really kicked into high gear based on the regular 205 Live offerings.  There wasn't much in the way of dramatic tension and it was really missing a heel/face dynamic IMO, which is a shame Gulak wasn't in the match instead.  Good for Cedric for winning.

The Women's BR wasn't bad and it was nice to see the female Nexus having some representation.  The Bayley/Sasha ending was predictable but I thought they'd have a more lengthy confrontation. I guess they were going for a "Bayley tries to act like a heel and it costs her" thing, but just like in the EC the BR is everyone for themselves so eliminating your pal is just business.

When they discussed Rollins being a potential grand slam champ as he was walking to the ring I figured he was going to win.  The match was a lot more entertaining than I'd been expecting, especially when it really got going.  Was Miz dressed as Naruto?

Asuka/Charlotte was one of the best women's matches I can remember.  Great entrances, fantastic spots and chaings throughout, and the last five minutes or so were fantastic with both women laying it into eachother.  The ending surprised me and the celebration afterward was a great moment.  Fuck Cena though.

Russev was the only guy in the US title match who isn't a snoozefest and I didn't expect him to win.  Jinder winning was the worst possible outcome.

Hunter and Steph went for another "suburban couple having a midlife crisis" (or Sons of McMahonarchy as I saw someone say).  Steph looked like Sandy at the end of Grease.  I think expectations for this match were low across the board, but they did a nice job of smoke and mirrors and sneaky heel work to cover everyone's limitations.  Ronda looked natural in the ring and did the best she could having to work with a non-wrestler.  This match went from good for what it was to better than it had any right to be pretty quick.  Ronda is a star if she can get her promo game together.

New Day's entrance was definitely a thing. I was handling some work stuff and didn't even notice the match had ended so I can't really say anything here.  

They really should have built to Elias/Cena similar to what they did with Jericho and Fandago a few years back.  
Cena/Taker was basically a 1993 WWE Superstars squash match.  They just needed the body bag afterwards.

Bryan looked good without killing himself and the other 3 guys did their best to carry Shane.  No big turn made this segment kinda just there.

Nia/Alexa was solid and just the kind of match it needed to be.

Like the past few years the crowd was dead by the time the main events started to roll around.  Nak/Styles was underwhelming but I think only part of that was due to audience fatigue.  Even the heel turn at the end didn't sound like it illicited that much of a pop.

I understand the need for a cooler match before the main event, but the tag segment was really stupid.  Though I'm not going to like, my inner 11 year old is jealous of this kid.  

The back half of the show was dragging like crazy and the only solace I had was figuring it was going to be Brock's WWE swansong.  I should have known better.  The main event was the same bullshit we've seen from Brock as long as he's had the belt.  Roman juicing like crazy was a nice touch but fuck Brock going over.  The crowd was shitting all over this match and I can't blame them.

• Like 1

I thought it was a good show with some really weird finishes. Don't go to WM with any kind of steak.

It's like they kept one upping themselves with all the weird booking. The final match being the weirdest.

JUST PULL THE TRIGGER WITH ROMAN JEEEZ