DVDVR Message Board

WrestleMania XXXIV

MonteCarl

55 minutes ago, tbarrie said:

Anybody else hoping we get Undertaker beating Cena in a sub-minute squash? It would do more interesting things to Cena's character arc then winning or losing a competitive match, and no matter how broken down 'Taker is I'm sure he can throw a few punches, hit a chokeslam and tombstone, and ride off into the sunset.

Cena sitting front row doing his "well I don't have a match, shucks" fan thing, lights go out and when they come back up 'Taker is sitting next to him.  Brawl into the ring, punches-chokeslam-tombstone ride off.  I would much rather see something like that than them having to block 45 minutes for entrances/match/post-match and have time cut from all the other stuff already scheduled. 

And to add something actually useful. here's a good list of when/where/how to watch everything happening this weekend.  I feel like I should just order flowers, buy an I'm sorry card and book an expensive dinner reservation for Monday right now and get ahead of the "you're watching your 30th hour of wrestling this weekend, are you ever going to leave the house?" backlash. 

https://www.f4wonline.com/other-wrestling/your-guide-whats-streaming-live-during-wrestlemania-week-254891?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

• Like 2

Nice front flip, but those kicks are shit. Turn that fucking pivot foot, Bryan. That little fucking pathetic ass pop when you kick the bag? Fuck is that? Throw your whole fucking hip in that shit you fucking hipster. I thought you were kicking fuckers heads in, not playing footsies with their foreheads. This is why you are B+.

In all seriousness though, Bryan looks really lean and I can’t wait to see him in that ring again.

2 hours ago, Hail Sabin said:

Maybe Bryan is just throwing shitty kicks to match his partner's shitty punches. 

Then one of them randomly would've had to put a hole in the bag.

Beth Phoenix is going to guest commentate during the women's battle royal so I guess getting everyone on the card applies to even the announcers

Oh man, I just found the very best part of Mania Weekend (at least if last year's any indication), Hunter and Steph touring AXXESSSS. I will liveblog this thing as I watch.

-Ok, so this is self aware. They understand how great the ridiculous entrance was last year and are already referencing it.This is already too much of a professional production though, with Cathy Kelly with them and not just goofing about. I think I'll be amused by Cathy being on eggshells around Steph the whole time though ("ooh! ooh! look, I got my conner's cure bracelet too, boss!").

- Right from the get-go, Steph makes herself look like a moron by putting on the Rousey/Angle match-up shirt over her dress (with Hunter unable to get the sticker off the thing).

- The sheer amount of merch they have for this is insane. Corporate Steph makes sure to point out the Balor Club for All shirt. Hunter is immediately great as the henpecked bag-carrying husband as he stops Cathy and Steph who are just nattering along to try to impose some order on this thing.

- Hunter no-sells Cathy wanting to start with the elimination chamber since he wants to go through the entrance first. Then he storms off in front of them as they start going on with each other again and just pissily powerwalks ten steps ahead, then directs the camera guy to actually look at the images by circling his hand around three times. Bitchy director Hunter is the second best Hunter.

-Then they make both Steph and Hunter pose in front of the big poster of Steph (which he seems thrilled by) followed by her booing and thumbs downing the Ronda one while everyone awkwardly looks on. Hunter generally refuses to interact with the Angle one at all.

Ok, enough of this. You get the point. This thing hasn't disappointed as of yet though.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

Hunter's got zen-level patience. I can't imagine mixing a work function with the structure of meandering around a mall with my wife and her friend while trying to stay composed on camera. 

• Like 1

Ok back at the 7:30 mark.

- More director Hunter, telling people to talk into the mic.

- Hunter talking the nuts and bolts of the new EC is fun. Kelly kisses up with "You have the most wins!"

- Steph makes  the poor hipster guy giving the tour leap into the soon-to-be germ laden foam pit ring. He has a better facial expression hitting the elbow drop than Cody's dropkick face. Then Hunter mocks him trying to get out. He almost Enzos himself on the bottom rope on the way out.

- Here we go, the superstar entrance. They're making Cathy do the entrance, which isn't nearly as funny as Steph as she's almost a real human being. On the other hand, watching Steph and Hunter pressure employees to do stupid things could be its own show. 

- GAH! I forgot I had turned this onto 1.25 speed until Bayley's entrance theme hits and blows my headphone up. Spoiler: Cathy blows the entrance by smiling way too big and then falling off the stage. Hunter shows honest amusement for the first time in this thing.

I can't believe there's still 35 minutes on this thing. More later.

-

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Matt D said:

- Right from the get-go, Steph makes herself look like a moron by putting on the Rousey/Angle match-up shirt over her dress (with Hunter unable to get the sticker off the thing).

Okay - that is what happened

I saw a thumbnail of them walking around and was like "What the fuck is Steph wearing?"

Back at 16.14. Back to 1.25 speed.

- I kind of crack up at Triple H looking at himself on TV and hamming it low key saying "it's weird." but I'm tired and sick, so that's probably on me.

- They're making hipster guy cut a promo. Think he'll start with "Hey brother?" No, off. He should have gone with Hey Brother. Hunter: "No NXT contact coming your way." "And we walked all the way across the room for that. What a waste of time."

- Hunter points out the autograph stations, showing he's really the only one paying attention.

Hunter wins husband of the year by sticking this in front of Steph (who has somehow turned into Lita apparently):

20axc2c.png

Hunter: "Well, at least you're hot."

A moment later: 

Steph: "Look, Jeff Jarrett, soon to be inducted." She beckons for Hunter to go look. He immediately walks the other way off the screen to look at action figures.

That leads to this Steph quote: "I didn't like it at the time. The milk was nasty."

Charlotte's theme is pretty great at 1.25 speed.

The section with the statues is called "Hall of Immortals" and not "Hall of the Immortals" because this company is terrible and thinks Clash of Champions is better than Clash of the Champions. 

Hunter: "No one puts Steph in a box."

They have a whole women's exhibit. Hey, an Elizabeth poster. She does exist. The Sherri section is awesome. They have Bull Nakano's robe. It's a little bit endearing how Steph perks up whenever anyone mentions "her friend" Andre. Steph is fascinated by how tiny the women's belts used to be. Hunter proclaims he'll be sporting "Puff-Paint" gear this year.

We're transported back to 2001 as Steph is going on about her 7 month women's title reign and Hunter's staring at a poster of Trish.

Into the HoF room, and the Salmon Jacket is there. I'm sure all of you needed to know that. 

The HoF curator guy asks Steph if Shawn consulted the company before cutting his hair.

Ok, the Ivory exhibit has the GLOW crown title. That's awesome.AND whatever the hell the POWW championship was. I thought for a moment Steph was going to take it off the exhibit and put it on.

By the way, the GLOW crown is just sitting there but Jim's hat is in a glass box (there was only ever one hat, apparently). Steph stops to sing Don't Go Messing with a Country Boy. Don't seek it out.

They have way too much Jarrett shit, but they do have Jerry's jacket that Jeff debuted in which is neat.

More kissing up by Cathy when they get to the broken table for the Dudleys "Is that the one you put Ronda through on Monday?"

Ok, stopping at 36:22 now. There's still 15 mins.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

Ok. I'm back. 

Cathy asking if Braun borrowed the Dudley's glasses was fun.

Hunter: "I know when Wrestlemania season is coming because all the titles in my office disappear."

I have no idea how Steph has fallen behind but she has and you just see her zipping past in the background behind everyone. She's just gone and no one seems to care or notice.

Just leaving this here:

1zf1mx4.png

He lingers next to that thing for like twenty seconds.

Hunter gets to mock the ECW arena, which is an added bonus.

Then he passive aggressively directs the camera guy again as he starts talking about his true love, the AXXESS tournaments. Steph Vanna Whites the little card handouts. You can't find this stuff anywhere else. There's still eight minutes left somehow. I think I have a meeting. More later.

• Like 3

Watching this video and the last one they did makes me realize that Steph and HHH are almost exactly like my brother and sister-in-law. Steph loves to dominate a conversation while HHH is quiet just waiting for the storm to pass, making remarks along the way. It's almost too familiar. I would lose my shit if I found out that Steph randomly calls Shane and talks his ear off for an hour while Shane "uh huh, uh huh, uh huhs" during the call.

This odd, familiar feeling of family makes me like Steph and HHH even more. 

• Like 6
  • Haha 1