DVDVR Message Board

WrestleMania XXXIV

MonteCarl

4 hours ago, TheVileOne said:

Why is WWE still positioning Shane for WrestleMania after diverticulitis surgery?

He's undergoing surgery for the umbilical hernia, not diverticulitis. 

People are up and around a week or two after hernia surgery, though they often restrict physical activity for a month or so.  But, when has a wrestler ever listened to a doctor anyway?  I doubt too many doctors are telling Shane to fall off the top of a cage and go through a table.

It seems like WWE had the opportunity to at least hedge their bets last night re: Shane and they went full-speed ahead.  Easiest solution - if they don't want to bring up the real injury - would be to say that Shane had been re-evaluated and the injuries he suffered from Zayn and Owens were worse than first thought, and he might not be cleared for WM.  Or he had suffered a concussion and was in the protocol and might not be cleared in two weeks. Of course, that would require the audience to believe WWE has a concussion protocol, so they might want to leave that one alone.

I'm assuming Shane makes the match and maybe doesn't do a whole lot?  Maybe he'll go see the doc who patched Cena up in record time after Jesus stabbed him, then get on Super Cena's... ur.... workout regiment for good measure.  LOL, I can just imagine Shane going to Vince and saying "Well, Dad, I can't work WrestleMania because i have a hernia and diverticulitis" and a little voice in Vince's head says "Can't work?  I worked WrestleMania when i was clinically dead and only kept alive in suspended animation by the cocaine.  A McMahon would never job to an illness before WM.  Better get a cheek swab for the DNA test.  Oh, and talk to the attorney about revising the will."

I dunno.  Shane working would be dumb.  But that's my opinion of Shane's wrestling career in general, so... 

Yeah, regardless of what any doctor may tell him, if this guy can make it to the ring, he will.

ADM8lGjL.gif

And if they've got a super-worker like Daniel Bryan, and if he's at 100% (as he ostensibly should be), there's no reason he shouldn't be carrying the majority of the workload anyway. Leave Shane to take a bump and/or the fall (or, more disappointingly, the turn). 

Plus, if Shane is really, actually out, then the surprise partner announcement will be fine as Bryan's "Final Act As GM". 

The idea of hernias make me nauseous for some reason. The only time I've ever passed out in my adult life was when I hurt myself at work and thought I had one. So of course Bryan comes back and in his first match I'm going to feel sick the whole time watching Shane be a goddam moron. 

11 hours ago, TheVileOne said:

Why is WWE still positioning Shane for WrestleMania after diverticulitis surgery?

so they can boast how diverticulitis takes Brock Lesnar down, but not Shane McMahon...

After Brock leaves for UFC and returns again, you've got your Brock/Shane program after Lesnar catches wind that WWE has been pimping Shane as being more of a man. I don't want to see this, but I wouldn't put it past WWE. In their eyes, McMahon's > everyone

It's not like Shane is the worst worker or anything. He and AJ had a good match, better than most expected, and he typically brings it considering he only has to wrestle a couple times a year. I'm fine with him as DB's partner.

Joe would be the best choice, but main roster creative is so hesitant to push Joe as anything but a heel ass kicker. Still, Joe/DB vs KO/Sami would be the wildest shit ever. The internet video montages would be great. Two different eras of ROH going at it at WrestleMania where the 4 dudes in it combined have multiple ROH championships, NXT championships, WWE titles, World Heavyweight titles, IC and US titles, and tag championships.

13 minutes ago, Craig H said:

It's not like Shane is the worst worker or anything. He and AJ had a good match, better than most expected, and he typically brings it considering he only has to wrestle a couple times a year. I'm fine with him as DB's partner.

Joe would be the best choice, but main roster creative is so hesitant to push Joe as anything but a heel ass kicker. Still, Joe/DB vs KO/Sami would be the wildest shit ever. The internet video montages would be great. Two different eras of ROH going at it at WrestleMania where the 4 dudes in it combined have multiple ROH championships, NXT championships, WWE titles, World Heavyweight titles, IC and US titles, and tag championships.

Shane McMahon is a bump machine and that's about it.  He had a good match because he can bump and he was working against AJ Styles. 

Meanwhile, Bayley and Sasha Banks can't even get a one-on-one match at WrestleMania. Or everyone else is just shoved into meaningless multi-person matches.

3 minutes ago, TheVileOne said:

Shane McMahon is a bump machine and that's about it.  He had a good match because he can bump and he was working against AJ Styles. 

Meanwhile, Bayley and Sasha Banks can't even get a one-on-one match at WrestleMania. Or everyone else is just shoved into meaningless multi-person matches.

Don't move the goalposts. Your original statement was:

Daniel Bryan having to come back to a match like this for WrestleMania pretty much sucks and having to work with Shane McMahon of all people.

So we've established that Shane can bump and have a good match. What do you suggest he do for Sami and KO? Bump around and make a hot tag to DB? Sounds great. I bet it makes for a excellent comeback match for DB.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Craig H said:

Don't move the goalposts. Your original statement was:

So we've established that Shane can bump and have a good match. What do you suggest he do for Sami and KO? Bump around and make a hot tag to DB? Sounds great. I bet it makes for a excellent comeback match for DB.

Doesn't sound great at all.  I hate the match-up.  

What's excellent about it?  Either Bryan wins and you have to figure a way around firing Zayn and Owens. OR, he loses in his big return match which would be downright idiotic. 

18 minutes ago, (BP) said:

I think Brock/Shane was penciled in for last year, but then they were able to get Goldberg to stay through Wrestlemania. 

I'm fairly certain Brock/Roman was penciled in at that point (and Cena/Taker)

So now we have the full card. It's a pretty stacked show. I think it's obvious the Cruiserweights and the Andre Battle Royal will be the pre-show matches, as I can't see any of the others being "cut".  Here are my predictions:

AJ Styles over Nakamura to retain WWE Title
Roman Reigns over Brock Lesnar to win Universal Title
Ronda Rousey/Kurt Angle over Steph/HHH
Undertaker over John Cena
Daniel Bryan and Shane McMahon over Sami Zayn and Kevin Owens
Nia Jax over Alexa Bliss to win RAW Women's Title
Carmella cashes in her MitB briefcase to win the SD Women's title during the Charlotte/Asuka match
Bludgeon Brothers over The Usos and New Day to win SD Tag Titles
Braun Strowman and mystery partner (Elias) over The Bar to win RAW Tag Titles
Finn Balor over The Miz and Seth Rollins to win IC Title
Rusev over Bobby Roode, Randy Orton, and Jinder Mahal to win US Title
Bayley wins the Women's WrestleMania Battle Royal
Samoa Joe returns in the Men's Battle Royal to win it
Mustafa Ali over Cedric Alexander to win Cruiserweight Title

I kinda want the Cena-Undertaker angle to be a giant rib. Cena goes on both Smackdown and RAW next week and calls UT out again.  Still no Undertaker.  Undertaker makes a surprise appearance early in the night at WrestleMania, says Cena wanted him and no he's here - only to find out that Cena made good on his promise to buy a ticket and has been sitting in the stands drinking heavily for several hours now.  Cena cuts a promo saying that he's ready for Taker but he's slurring his words and listing to one side like he's on the deck of a ship during a hurricane.  WWE officials quickly hustle Cena off-camera.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, StuntmanCrowley said:

I like all predictions you made, but i doubt every single title changes hands ,though stranger things have happened

Every title but the WWE Title, which I think AJ retains. I just can't see every other champ retaining. Maybe The Bar, but their whole thing is that they've beaten everybody and there's nobody left for them. If they win yet again...then what?  Same for The Usos. The Miz COULD retain, but I think he's taking time off after Mania. Orton retains? What fun is that? Charlotte retains and ends the undefeated streak? Could be, but doubtful. No way Alexa retains against Nia. Obviously Regins wins. 

Just seems like a night of title changes to me.

1 hour ago, peterien said:

Odds on AJ vs Nakamura opening the main show like Bryan and HHH did 4 years ago? 

I think it's almost at 80% at this point. Even on Smackdown, the match seems like a low priority compared to every other match they have going on.

• Like 1