DVDVR Message Board

WrestleMania XXXIV

MonteCarl

Fuck it. Just have Taker get a tracheostomy and one of those cool ventilation tubes inserted into his throat so he sounds like Sonny Barger. Or better yet give him one of those tracheostomy speaking devices he has to actually hold to his throat so he can beat the shit out of Cena with it during the match. In the next few weeks film a segment of Cena hitting Taker in the throat with a wrench while he's working on his bike or either dropping the bike on his throat. Voila.

3 hours ago, hammerva said:

I was thinking about how Charlotte being the one breaking Asuka streak really sucks.  But then I thought that Carmella cashing in the MITB bank briefcase and winning it from Asuka if she would won would be 100 times worse. So this situation is kind of a mess.  

And yes I expect Carmella to win since they can't have 2 failed attempts in a row.  

Can't Carmella interfere so Asuka so she wins by DQ, and then cash in?

I guess but can't remember the last time there was a DQ at a Wrestlemania.  Granted a large number of the matches are either 3/4 ways or stipulation matches

The problem is trying to figure out what is worse way to break the streak at her first Wrestlemania:  Charlotte or Carmella.   Neither is that good to me 

15 minutes ago, FluffSnackwell said:

Fuck it. Just have Taker get a tracheostomy and one of those cool ventilation tubes inserted into his throat so he sounds like Sonny Barger. Or better yet give him one of those tracheostomy speaking devices he has to actually hold to his throat so he can beat the shit out of Cena with it during the match. In the next few weeks film a segment of Cena hitting Taker in the throat with a wrench while he's working on his bike or either dropping the bike on his throat. Voila.

He can use Kane's leftover voice box machine. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, hammerva said:

I guess but can't remember the last time there was a DQ at a Wrestlemania.  Granted a large number of the matches are either 3/4 ways or stipulation matches

The problem is trying to figure out what is worse way to break the streak at her first Wrestlemania:  Charlotte or Carmella.   Neither is that good to me 

The question is if not now, when? Keep her undefeated until Summerslam against Rousey? Losing to the woman a lot of people are calling the best of her generation (not me, but it's an opinion I've seen) at the biggest show of the year is a good way to put a cap on the streak and move her onto something new.

I don't know why it's a good thing WWE kept the women's battle royal. It's the epitome of laziness.  Just dump all the un-booked Superstars into a gimmicked match, when it looked like they were building to some sort of blow-off match between Bayley and Sasha Banks.  Wouldn't it have been a lot more meaningful to actually have some sort of non-title singles women's match at WrestleMania?  

If nobody has a problem with the Andre the Giant battle royal so guys like Curt Hawkins and 95% of the 205 Live roster can get on then I have no issue with a battle royal for the Dana Brooke and Tamina of the women's division.     But is Sasha vs Bayley now off the table?  Putting them in the match would suck indeed

11 minutes ago, hammerva said:

If nobody has a problem with the Andre the Giant battle royal so guys like Curt Hawkins and 95% of the 205 Live roster can get on then I have no issue with a battle royal for the Dana Brooke and Tamina of the women's division.     But is Sasha vs Bayley now off the table?  Putting them in the match would suck indeed

Yeah it's off the table because we have to make sure everyone gets booked!  I have a problem with the Andre battle royal. It was fine as a one-off thing.  Making it an annual thing was dumb and unnecessary. 

17 hours ago, TheVileOne said:

Just dump all the un-booked Superstars into a gimmicked match, when it looked like they were building to some sort of blow-off match between Bayley and Sasha Banks

Except you know they haven't been. They have been building a match, but it wouldn't be the blow off. Whats more its been fairly slow. If it were to happen at WM it almost certainly would be pre-show and less than 8 minutes.

3 hours ago, Eivion said:

Except you know they haven't been. They have been building a match, but it wouldn't be the blow off. Whats more its been fairly slow. If it were to happen at WM it almost certainly would be pre-show and less than 8 minutes.

I don't really know.  They haven't been building to some sort of feud or match between them?  Then what have they been doing?

You could have the women's battle royal come down to Sasha and Bayley and have them tear it up for a final 5 to 7 minutes. Either woman would be a good choice for the first winner and you could kick off their feud for reals with some good old fashioned trophy breaking.

• Like 3

38 minutes ago, Godfrey said:

You could have the women's battle royal come down to Sasha and Bayley and have them tear it up for a final 5 to 7 minutes. Either woman would be a good choice for the first winner and you could kick off their feud for reals with some good old fashioned trophy breaking.

That is what I suspect they are leading to at this point.

I assume they cost each other it, but someone else wins. Like Sasha tosses Bayley from behind again, but this time Bayley attacks her and either eliminates her or helps someone else do it.

1 hour ago, Brian Fowler said:

I assume they cost each other it, but someone else wins. Like Sasha tosses Bayley from behind again, but this time Bayley attacks her and either eliminates her or helps someone else do it.

Sounds like a waste of Sasha and Bayley to me. 

• Like 2

On 3/16/2018 at 11:22 PM, (BP) said:

I know Taker doesn't give a shit about protecting the gimmick anymore anyway, but it would make more sense that Cena was doing the shooty stuff with McCool's instagram if he's coming back with the biker gimmick. 

It would also be a blessing for any promo he has to cut if he doesn't have to pretend to be an undead wizard and can just talk shit about Cena's mama. 

Also Cena fucking with McCool's instagram could work into a program with Nikki.

Cena/Nikki v Taker/McCool at SummerSlam.

Nikki v McCool and Cena v Taker 2 at Mania next year?

On 3/18/2018 at 5:43 AM, hammerva said:

I was thinking about how Charlotte being the one breaking Asuka streak really sucks.  But then I thought that Carmella cashing in the MITB bank briefcase and winning it from Asuka if she would won would be 100 times worse. So this situation is kind of a mess.  

And yes I expect Carmella to win since they can't have 2 failed attempts in a row.  

I think they could get plenty out of a story of Carmella trying to cash in between now and Mania, only for Asuka to stop her because she wants to face Charlotte heads up. It's about more than the title for her, she wants the competition.

Then Asuka wins the title and the story becomes "Carmella needs to get the title onto anyone BUT Asuka before the MITB contract expires so that she can have a chance of being successful."

9 hours ago, Brian Fowler said:

Bayley could grab Sasha's wrist like Hogan did to Sid at Rumble 92.