DVDVR Message Board

WrestleMania XXXIV

MonteCarl

The latest internet RUMOR~! (Not sure where it started) is Taker is coming back as Biker Taker

Well at least whatever would pass as 2018 broken down old ass American Bad Ass

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

The latest internet RUMOR~! (Not sure where it started) is Taker is coming back as Biker Taker

I've seen some speculation that's the whole reason Kid Rock is going into the Hall, so he's there to play American Bad Ass.

I'm stupidly letting myself buy into the whole "now that he got his hip replaced, Taker is in the best shape he's been in years" hype.

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Well, he has to ride something to the ring.  You don't expect him to be able to walk that far, do you?

• Haha 2

I know Taker doesn't give a shit about protecting the gimmick anymore anyway, but it would make more sense that Cena was doing the shooty stuff with McCool's instagram if he's coming back with the biker gimmick. 

It would also be a blessing for any promo he has to cut if he doesn't have to pretend to be an undead wizard and can just talk shit about Cena's mama. 

American Bad Ass/Big Evil circa 2000-2003 was the only time UT was been one of my absolute favorites.  Never really loved the gimmick and he was kinda spotty as a worker through the 90's.  After he went back to the Deadman gimmick. I thought he was often great as a worker, but the gimmick drug it down for me.  If they're going to trot him out one more time (hah, Taker will still be working WrestleMania 5 years from now), I'd prefer to see the ABA one last time.

Of course, trotting out the American Bad Ass persona may just remind people WWE waited about 10 years too long to put this match together.

I really need to go back and watch the WM matches with Michaels.  Really dug those at the time and the build was outstanding.

15 minutes ago, Matt D said:

I'm the only one that wants Backlash to have Taker/McCool vs Cena/Nikki right?

As long as we occasionally cut to vignettes of the Callaway residence to see what shenanigans the kids and their babysitter are up to. 

I've sold myself on writing World's Strongest Nanny on spec to try to sell to the network. 

"With a little patience and a lot of glue, Uncle Mark helps the kids cover up breaking dad's favorite urn."

"Hilarity ensues when the kids challenge Uncle Mark to deadlift the house and he discovers his ego is stronger than the building's foundation."

"Uh oh! Uncle Mark promised the kids he'd attend the school play they're performing in, but his bowling league is in the finals the same night! Fortunately Mark's buddy Sean Waltman is in town, and with a little clever costuming they'll never know he's not there!"

• Like 4
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, RIPPA said:

The Dead Man will always be my favourite version of the Undertaker. I thought and still do the way 'Taker post-match at WrestleMania XXIII taking off the gloves, trench coat and hat leaving them in the middle of the ring was the way to go out on.

I never thought we would get Biker Taker again. This was the closest I thought we'd get to it:

I didn't like the American Bad Ass 'Taker from 2000-2001.

I did however, Big Evil from 2002-2003. Undertaker's 2002 was one of his best ever years in the ring from the WrestleMania X-8 match with Ric Flair, the great Vengeance triple threat vs. The Rock vs. Kurt Angle and the classic Hell in a Cell match against Brock Lesnar at No Mercy 2002.

1 hour ago, Keep Calm, Akira Hokuto On said:

I really need to go back and watch the WM matches with Michaels.  Really dug those at the time and the build was outstanding.

Both hold up. Two classic matches and two of the best in the history of the WWE.

3 hours ago, (BP) said:

I know Taker doesn't give a shit about protecting the gimmick anymore anyway, but it would make more sense that Cena was doing the shooty stuff with McCool's instagram if he's coming back with the biker gimmick. 

It would also be a blessing for any promo he has to cut if he doesn't have to pretend to be an undead wizard and can just talk shit about Cena's mama. 

Also, it comes full circle with their careers since this will presumably be Taker’s last match, and American Bad Ass Taker shook Cena’s hand after his debut.

8 minutes ago, JonnyLaw said:

Also, it comes full circle with their careers since this will presumably be Taker’s last match, and American Bad Ass Taker shook Cena’s hand after his debut.

I remember their match when Cena started rising up the card being a good "cocky rookie earns grumpy veteran's respect" story. 

23 hours ago, (BP) said:

As long as we occasionally cut to vignettes of the Callaway residence to see what shenanigans the kids and their babysitter are up to. 

If Mark Henry came to watch ME play soccer I would also react in the same way. 

On 3/16/2018 at 9:21 AM, RIPPA said:

So basically any guy who is going to want to date Taker Daughter is gonna have to impress Taker AND Mark Henry

Good Luck...

I like to think the best way to impress Taker would be to kidnap his daughter and force her into a Satanic wedding.

• Like 5

I was thinking about how Charlotte being the one breaking Asuka streak really sucks.  But then I thought that Carmella cashing in the MITB bank briefcase and winning it from Asuka if she would won would be 100 times worse. So this situation is kind of a mess.  

And yes I expect Carmella to win since they can't have 2 failed attempts in a row.