DVDVR Message Board

WrestleMania XXXIV

MonteCarl

They got too many damn people under contract.  That's one of the reasons I wanted them to bring back WCW for their brand split.  Two distinct separate brands each with their own rosters and with their own major annual show instead of trying to jam 100+ people onto the one.  I mean, I know they'd still be doing it this way regardless cause that's what they do but I'm going to just pretend it could be different.

Lemme tell you what they should do, they need to condense some of these matches and make a more efficient WrestleMania, baby!  Ain't nobody got time for no 8 hours of WrestleMania.

[PRESHOW] Cruiserweight Championship Match - Nobody watches 205 Live.  It doesn't really matter.  This should really be on the TakeOver show since both 205 Live and NXT are Network exclusive shows.

[PRESHOW] Raw Women's Championship - Bliss vs. Jax. The lesser of the women's matches so somebody gotta get bumped off the main show.

Intercontinental Championship/ATGMBR - Miz defends the IC title in the battle royal.  He can win the trophy and then put a scarf on it and make Axel and Dallas carry it around for him until they get sick of him and turn face.  Then they can feud with Miz/Elias.  Then they can play the Rock 'n Rolls to The Revival's Midnights on Heat or Xplosion or whatever the C-show is now.  That's probably more thought put into them since they were put with Miz.

SD Women's Championship - Charlotte Flair vs. Asuka in a match set up when Flair/Roode beat Asuka/Miz on MMC.  I assume that'll be over by WrestleMania.

Cena vs. Strowman - Cena's been off his game since he worked with Owens.  Strowman's only good against Reigns.  Yeah, I said it.  He's better than the corpse of The Undertaker though.

WWE SD Tag Team Championship 2 vs. 3 Ghetto Odds Match - Usos vs. New Day.  Ron Simmons taught me that in the ghetto the odds are always against you.

WWE World Heavyweight Championship - Styles vs. Nakamura.  A match with no build other than they wrestled in Japan once.

US Championship Open Challenge - Roode vs.debuting James Storm.  How about two matches where the entire history is from some other company.  Mainly just a couple of ring entrances and then a Bludgeon Brothers run-in.

The HOF segment.  Some backstage product placement skits with Sasha Banks/Bayley and Matt Hardy/Bray Wyatt and Daniel Bryan trying to get them to hug it out or some shit.  A Fashion Files segment with Cesaro/Sheamus.  Elias and Jeff Jarrett singing With My Baby Tonight.

Rousey/Angle/Shane/Orton vs. Steph/Trips/Owens/Zayn -  Two lousy matches made into one lousy match.  It's better this way cause Stephanie McMahon won't be the only one that can actually go.  Maybe a Daniel Bryan turn.  Maybe a Jason Jordan turn.  Maybe both!  Who cares!

Universal Championship - Lesnar vs. Reigns. Spear, Superman punch, spear, pin, confetti!  Faster than the Goldberg match.

• Like 2

I keeping waiting for the day Vince realizes that the REAL money is in two days of WrestleMania. Hall of Fame Thursday, TakeOver Friday, Night 1 Saturday, Night 2 Sunday, RAW Monday, SmackDown Tuesday.

Sell 50,000 tickets two straight nights instead of 65,000 one night. Even if you have to cut ticket prices a bit to sell both shows, the gate will be huge. Both nights are 7-11, nothing is preshow. You put the biggest and fourth biggest match one night, the second and third biggest matches the other, you have plenty of time to put everyone on the card, you don't have to cut anything down to 2 minutes last second, you don't keep the audience captive for almost 7 straight hours. 

It would somewhat screw over all the indies that piggyback off WrestleMania, but that's not Vince's problem, and they could run Thursday-Friday and then do morning shows Saturday and Sunday anyway.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 5

On 10/03/2018 at 2:46 AM, (BP) said:

That's been my position the last couple of years. They can't even wrap it up before midnight anymore, so it's technically already a two day event.

They should really have a Raw Mania and an SD Mania. Both get two-two and a half hours. Instead of one awful five hour show that’s still rushed. 

6 hours ago, DeathyBoy said:

They should really have a Raw Mania and an SD Mania. Both get two-two and a half hours. Instead of one awful five hour show that’s still rushed. 

I wouldn't do that, because Smackdown is such a B show. I don't think Styles/Nak, Charlotte/Asuka and whatever they do with Shane is gonna sell 40,000 tickets. 

And if the Fox deal happens, Smackdown probably gets even less attention. 

But if you put Styles/Nak and the big mixed tag one night and Brock/Reigns and Cena/Taker the other, that's a pair of shows that could both move tickets.

6 hours ago, Victator said:

Asuka showed up in full wrestling gear to point at a sign. 

I'm sure she was in gear to meet a bunch of Make-a-Wish kids and send them through one of the pictures on the wall in the arena into a magical adventure land of flying mushrooms and talking radishes or something. That's probably what she does every week?

• Like 2

Okay - I had to jot it down to keep track since we are all over the place.

The Mania card appears to be

• Brock/Reigns
  • Steph/HHH vs. Rousey/Angle
  • Cena/Taker
  • AJ/Nak
  • Asuka/Charlotte
  • Alexa/Nia
  • 3-way for IC Title
  • 3-way for US Title
  • 3-way for SDL Tag Titles
  • Andre Battle Royal
  • Shane vs. KO vs. Sami
  • Sasha/Bayley
  • Cruiserweight Title Finals

The Bar may or may not be defending the tag titles - Meltzer says the plan is they aren't, PWI says the plan is they are facing a team that isn't a team yet.

So not counting the RAW tag titles we are at 13 matches and besides the BAR, this currently means no Braun, Elias, Bray or Matt Hardy, no 205 Live outside the finalists and no SDL women except Charlotte. (Braun is either going into the IC match or Andre. Elias is either Andre or getting squashed by Braun again. Bray/Hardy most likely would be the team the Bar faces)

For frame of reference - last year had 13 matches. Two years ago had 12 (though one was that ridiculous Rock/Rowan match)

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Okay - I had to jot it down to keep track since we are all over the place.

The Mania card appears to be

• Brock/Reigns
  • Steph/HHH vs. Rousey/Angle
  • Cena/Taker
  • AJ/Nak
  • Asuka/Charlotte
  • Alexa/Nia
  • 3-way for IC Title
  • 3-way for US Title
  • 3-way for SDL Tag Titles
  • Andre Battle Royal
  • Shane vs. KO vs. Sami
  • Sasha/Bayley
  • Cruiserweight Title Finals

The Bar may or may not be defending the tag titles - Meltzer says the plan is they aren't, PWI says the plan is they are facing a team that isn't a team yet.

So not counting the RAW tag titles we are at 13 matches and besides the BAR, this currently means no Braun, Elias, Bray or Matt Hardy, no 205 Live outside the finalists and no SDL women except Charlotte. (Braun is either going into the IC match or Andre. Elias is either Andre or getting squashed by Braun again. Bray/Hardy most likely would be the team the Bar faces)

For frame of reference - last year had 13 matches. Two years ago had 12 (though one was that ridiculous Rock/Rowan match)

Thanks for this, @RIPPA.

Not surprised at the number of 3-ways to try to get more wrestlers on the show. Said again with the size of the roster and the number of active championships, some wrestlers will be fucked unfortunately. The Bar look to be the biggest casualties and the Smackdown Live women outside of the title match.  Expect Braun to be the Andre Rumble.

Hoping Banks vs. Bayley is on WrestleMania and gets the deserved time. That has a shot at MOTN and a MOTYC.

Any line on whether Dwayne is showing up to promote Rampage? That'll play a factor in runtime by give or take 45 minutes. His wife's about to give birth, so maybe no. 

Elias is definitely eating a guitar shot from Jarrett. It seems too obvious not to do.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Brian Fowler said:

I wouldn't do that, because Smackdown is such a B show. I don't think Styles/Nak, Charlotte/Asuka and whatever they do with Shane is gonna sell 40,000 tickets. 

And if the Fox deal happens, Smackdown probably gets even less attention. 

But if you put Styles/Nak and the big mixed tag one night and Brock/Reigns and Cena/Taker the other, that's a pair of shows that could both move tickets.

Add Rusev to that four way.

I mean how do you not after he had ridiculous duelling chants against Nak and, at times, was the more over guy.

Plus that kick near fall was amazing. 

• Like 1

There's allegedly also going to be some sort of women's multi person, probably a battle royal. Might happen instead of Sasha/Bayley one on one, honestly.

At any rate, yeah, two days would be much better. Cause this is gonna run 5 pm to 11:45 pm EST again.

8 hours ago, (BP) said:

Any line on whether Dwayne is showing up to promote Rampage? That'll play a factor in runtime by give or take 45 minutes. His wife's about to give birth, so maybe no. 

Elias is definitely eating a guitar shot from Jarrett. It seems too obvious not to do.

Would be awesome, but seems like they never do anything with the inductees anymore other than the standard come out and wave.