DVDVR Message Board

SDL IS THEY GOT CASEY'S LETTER (020618)

RIPPA

• RIPPA pinned and locked this topic
19 minutes ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

Boy, they are bound and determined to fuck up this Rusev Day thing, aren't they.  

I figure they're setting up some sort of multi-man match for the US Title at Fastlane which gives Rusev a shot at getting a decent Mania match. Now if Mania comes and goes and Rusev is stuck in the Andre Battle Royal then they've fucked it up but they still have plenty of time to get it right

Sami/K.O. was the first time in a long, long time that I got into a match enough that I rewound to the beginning to watch the entire thing.

I'm usually super queasy about bumps these days, but knowing Kami have more matches against each other than some of the roster have total matches in their careers helps alleviate that.

I laughed when Shelton/Gable did the double chop block.  Meltzer was griping last week that agents are recycling the chop block and the shoulder into the post spot way too much.

It seems way too early to split Owens/Zayn.  The most boring thing they could do with those two at WM is feud them yet again.  So, yeah, that's probably where we're going.  Hoping there's some sort of swerve and they stick together.  I can kinda imagine the company clearing Daniel Bryan and booking Shane/D Bry vs. Owens/Zayn at WM.  I'd be surprisingly interested in that.  Shane can take stupid bumps and narrowly avoid death and spare Bryan.

I kinda feel like Rusev is going to be tagging soon with Breezango as Team We''re Really Over But Still Get Left Off the Show.

I laughed at babyface Ascension still wearing the creepy face paint.  Is the big one (don't remember which is Konnor and which is Viktor) getting larger.  He looked humungous, but not in a "I'm barely mobile" way,  I really wish they had more of a place for Gable and Benjamin.  They're tons of fun, but their ceiling is probably Breezango-Ascension territory.

I still don't care about the Bludgeon Brothers but they seem to be getting over somewhat.

Sami/Owens was good. I was really hoping though that we would just get an AJ/Sami title match. I suppose a triple threat is fine.

Rusev/Roode was solid. I'm curious if we get a multi-man match at Fastlane or if we get Orton vs. Roode.

Zayn/Owens vs the Uso's at Mania.

I mean I know Zayn and Owens want to be too guys, but that's their best shot at a fresh, big time Mania match.

AJ sure as shit is going to veto them being added to his match with Nak.

And man how weird is it that AJ and Owens just can't rise above a good match. Utterly bizarre.  

Just now, Niners Fan in CT said:

This might be considered a hot take but Owens has been pretty mediocre on the main roster outside of working Zayn. 

The Jericho stuff was brilliant, but they botched the landing.

Owens momentum hadn't recovered since. I mean for all the criticisms he has of being universal champ, dude had a really good run as top heel.

On SD he's just stagnated.

Like on Raw he was having great matches weekly and on the big shows. So hopefully he gets put back on Raw next draft. Him and Zayn trolling Reigns writes itself. 

3 minutes ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

Outside of the ring it was brilliant but I'm talking in-ring.  Owens hasn't been a good worker in a while. 

I mean I agree in sorts, because the last Owens match I loved was against Roman at RR 17. So it's over a year now.

No idea why him and AJ can't get above good. Overbooking? 

10 hours ago, RIPPA said:

So I don't have to retype it

Congratulations Smackdown, you managed to make this a joke immediately by having Tye Dillinger number ten (god has this bit gotten tired), having the tag champions ranked under another tag team, and highlighting the problem with the women's division in that you have 3 faces who are far and away better than any heels on the roster.  A ranking system is the easiest thing in the world to get right and this manages to fuck it up at least 3 different ways.  Bang up job.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Brysynner said:

I figure they're setting up some sort of multi-man match for the US Title at Fastlane which gives Rusev a shot at getting a decent Mania match. Now if Mania comes and goes and Rusev is stuck in the Andre Battle Royal then they've fucked it up but they still have plenty of time to get it right

For what its worth - the Andre is supposed to be featured heavily this year due to them wanting to piggy back off the HBO Andre documentary.

So the plan for now is better card placement, more stacked lineup, etc. So Rusev winning that this year isn't the worst thing as opposed to be the guy who has to lose to like the Rock in 10 seconds.