DVDVR Message Board

SDL IS THEY GOT CASEY'S LETTER (020618)

RIPPA

Rusev is moving a crazy amount of merch, is clearly one of the most over guys on the roster, and he's stuck in WWE purgatory until creative has nothing for him. This is where it pays to be a dick in the locker room. As important as it is to be good on the mic and/or good in the ring, you have to be a self-advocate in the locker room and with creative. Think of how fast the Shield would have probably been kneecapped if those guys didn't stand up for themselves and say they weren't losing or almost refuse to be put in a position to look bad.

Rusev, Breezango, etc. have outside options. It isn't like before where you only had WWE to rely upon. They should try to understand that they have house money or even fuck you money and they should act accordingly and protect themselves. 

• Like 1

Random things from the dark match main event, which was AJ and Nakamura beating Jinder and Corbin:

-Corbin, being from Kansas City, got a pretty massive ovation, and a few chants during the match. He didn't really acknowledge them or do anything different, though.

-Jinder, however, had a lot of fun with it, teasing tags and milking boos when he got in. It was of course a short match consisting mostly of one comeback and the faces hitting their signature spots, but he still managed to get several laughs/boos from the crowd because of banter and general stooging. It's funny that I've seen him work longer main events against some great talent, and never thought much of him, but a little house show style sprint is as much as I've ever enjoyed his work.

-AJ bumps way too hard for someone who absolutely doesn't need to in this context, but man did people appreciate it.

-Shinsuke had a great time with Corbin's reaction, and (as usual) seemed to really enjoy... being Shinsuke. He also spent a long time making the rounds after the match, taking selfies, faking throwing a fan's phone into the cheap seats, walking away with a toddler that was handed to him for a photo, etc.

• Like 6

14 minutes ago, Brian Fowler said:

Orton randomly RKO outta nowhereing the midcard is the best possible use for him though. Maybe this is who they can turn Roode against? Please?

They can just redo Orton vs Christian, but with Roode. Matches won't be as good, but Roode could sell it.

I was watching a montage of Kanyon giving everybody diamond cutters out of nowhere yesterday and loved every second of it. That is both the best thing Orton could do right now and the best thing WCW did in its downward spiral, right?

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Oyaji said:

I was watching a montage of Kanyon giving everybody diamond cutters out of nowhere yesterday and loved every second of it. That is both the best thing Orton could do right now and the best thing WCW did in its downward spiral, right?

The one where Kanyon cutters some random fan during an establishing shot of the arena was the best. It gets a laugh out of me every time.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Godfrey said:

The one where Kanyon cutters some random fan during an establishing shot of the arena was the best. It gets a laugh out of me every time.

I had to watch that again. One of the funniest ones was some random dude telling him "cut that crap out, Kanyon" off screen. 

8 hours ago, Brian Fowler said:

Clearly, but if they were gonna capitalize on Rusev Day they would've by now.

I feel they're just waiting for the right time. For instance this year WrestleMania falls on Rusev Day. Would be the perfect time to give him the U.S. title.

• Like 6
  • Haha 3

3 hours ago, RIPPA said:

I am not starting a Fastlane thread yet so Shane just announced on Twitter

Both guys obviously getting rewarded for their stellar performances in the Rumble of nearly three minutes combined, plus their superlative non-placed rankings in the Smackdown top 10

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Curt McGirt said:

I had to watch that again. One of the funniest ones was some random dude telling him "cut that crap out, Kanyon" off screen. 

So glad to see this conversation taking place. It was actually Jeff Jarrett who shouted that. 

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xxhtga_kanyon-cutter-montage_sport

So this is a great watch, you get the idea after the first couple of minutes but they got a lot of footage from this angle.

• Like 2

Yeah, sure enough, it was Jarrett. Also features poor Kanyon taking the MEANEST spear that Goldberg probably ever did. 

And needless to say Chris had the best Diamond Cutter... he was the Master, after all. Every single person looks like they go face-first into concrete. I'm sure his hips were not feeling well after all that, and there were a lot of regular staff with hurting knees. 

Unsurprisingly Bagwell takes worse bumps off it than the non-wrestlers

On 2/9/2018 at 6:30 AM, Sky Blue Sam said:

Both guys obviously getting rewarded for their stellar performances in the Rumble of nearly three minutes combined, plus their superlative non-placed rankings in the Smackdown top 10

Yeah why not use the Top 10 list?

Roode and Orton are the top 2 singles guys so they could just as easily have that match. Otherwise New Day are the next top act, why not a New Day triple threat?

Shit, book Roode v Orton for the US title and have Dillinger vs Kofi for the 4th spot. You just had a segment with New Day saying Kofi should be champ and that he would share it with the group!

So because I feel like sitting through Universo's replay, since I never ever get to see Smackdown: 

- Shane's white hi-tops with the big tongue are really glaring (leave that shit to the '80s thrash bands), as is his height -- he looks ENORMOUS compared to both Bryan and AJ.

- I don't see the point of a Spanish language Viceland; you can understand watching people getting high in any language. 

- Charlotte still cannot strut. 

- Bludgeon Bros.' theme is DOPE! Those poor jobbers... you want to talk about size disparity, the black dude was like a mini up against the Brothers. I'm so down for a heel vs. heel Usos/Bros. match. Just let them batter each other, it'll be awesome. How long has it been since the Uses faced off against Wyatts anyway? Seriously out of the loop here.

- Speaking of the Usos, great promo even though it was covered with Spanish. The fact that they just had them come down and do that and nothing else is weird. The grill on the one Use is crazy. 

- "SIX! THAT'S THE PERCENT I GIVE COREY GRAVES IN A STREET FIGHT!"

- Aiden English not getting dubbed in Spanish disappoints me. Insofar as Rusev goes, he's that guy that's so good at anything you stick him into (comedy, midcard, title fights with midcarders, tags) that you're gonna have to accept that he's not always gonna be used the way you want him to be used. That's just the way it is. When you DON'T see him get a bigger spot for whatever reason in the near future, start to panic then. 

I'm sure writing that will bite us all in the ass. But there's always New Japan! The Kanyon Cutters make me think that that (needless to say) may be a better prospect. 

- Yeah that's gonna be Finn in the pod. Surprised they didn't put Jeff instead of Matt in there, but where is he anyway? They building up for his Obsoleeshun or is he injured again?

- Agreed, that one Ascension dude (who is Konnor...?) dwarfs his tag partner. This appears to be the theme of the night. Kind of mean to have the new WGTT shit on them ahead of time though. 

- Good god am I lucky Baron Corbin vs. Ziggler is not on my TV screen now

- Kevin and Sami cannot have a bad match together.