DVDVR Message Board

Raw Is One More Time, Braun - 2/5/2018

Dolfan in NYC

3 minutes ago, piranesi said:

When that one cruiserweight guy points and counts his abs all I can think about is that Dana Carvey Show sketch where Bill Clinton had extra teats surgically implanted so he could breast feed babies and puppies.

That would be Tony Nese.

Wait, Miz and Maryse are getting their own show? 

Take my money now...

I tell you, this is the first time in a long time that I've watched RAW in real-time with commercials and all. It's not even 2 hours yet, and I feel like I've been watching all night.

And this is been a good show. But damn is 3 hours a long time.

The show is too damn long (surprise!). I saw the tag title match coming up on the screen and was thinking, “Okay, this shouldn’t be too bad, good main event.” And it was only fucking 10 o’clock. 

God, I hope they go to Fox when their tv deal comes up. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, (BP) said:

Teats Clinton has to be the name of someone in Bruce Hornsby's band. Like, tell me that there isn't someone in this picture named Teats Clinton. 

Hide contents

bh_018_wide-5cd6308d608078800daf02678433

Bottom row, far left.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

Also, the WWE needs to walk a VERY careful line with Alexa *correctly* calling out bullshit on her having to defend in the Chamber while Brock gets to sit on his ass.   Yes, it's a heel trying to weasel her way out of the match, but it's a dangerous place to go with equating sexism with heel behavior. 

Yes, heels will do what heels will do but this is tricky ground for them and something I doubt their writers can pull off. 

I liked that we got to see development from pretty much all of the women last night. I could go for more of Sonya/Mickie. That felt like a fight last night lol 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Casey said:

I was hardly paying attention tonight, but what was up with Braun's chest and left arm? Burn marks? Bruises?

He had a pretty nasty looking cut on his back from that stairs landing, but I couldn't catch where he got all of those scrapes. Shit looked crazy painful.

And he was really hamming it up for that crowd, too. Not sure if he's ever been presented as that straight-forward of a face.

Also - I hate the phone promos.

33 minutes ago, bink_winkleman said:

And he was really hamming it up for that crowd, too. Not sure if he's ever been presented as that straight-forward of a face.

Yeah, that was weird. I honestly thought that he thought they were off air.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, piranesi said:

When that one cruiserweight guy points and counts his abs all I can think about is that Dana Carvey Show sketch where Bill Clinton had extra teats surgically implanted so he could breast feed babies and puppies.

There's a pretty decent documentary on Hulu about the Dana Carvey Show called Too Funny Fail, in case you haven't seen it already.

20 minutes ago, PetrolCB said:

Yeah, that was weird. I honestly thought that he thought they were off air.

He was playing House Show Braun, with the Hogan ear-cupping when he was playing to the crowd on the turnbuckles. This week and last week has had a lot of dead air where shots linger and it seems like there's been a production miscue or something. I'm starting to wonder if Dunn is off with Vince doing shit for the relaunch of XFL or something with how they've been changing a lot of stuff post-Rumble.

55 minutes ago, gatling said:

There's a pretty decent documentary on Hulu about the Dana Carvey Show called Too Funny Fail, in case you haven't seen it already.

I'm so there. The "commercial" they did when Mountain Dew was their sponsor ("The Mountain Dew Dana Carvey Show") is still one of the ballsiest things anyone has ever done on Network t.v.

• Like 1

I assumed Alexa wasn't defending the title because she couldn't reach high enough over the table to sign the contract.  Someone keeps forgetting to leave the step stool out.

Really, do we want Alexa to defend the title?  Actual wrestling is by far the weakest part of her skill set.

1 hour ago, Casey said:

He was playing House Show Braun, with the Hogan ear-cupping when he was playing to the crowd on the turnbuckles. This week and last week has had a lot of dead air where shots linger and it seems like there's been a production miscue or something. I'm starting to wonder if Dunn is off with Vince doing shit for the relaunch of XFL or something with how they've been changing a lot of stuff post-Rumble.

Yeah, when they cut his music, I think they had went under time (for once) and just said “fuck it”. Either way, I thought it was cool. 

1 hour ago, piranesi said:

I'm so there. The "commercial" they did when Mountain Dew was their sponsor ("The Mountain Dew Dana Carvey Show") is still one of the ballsiest things anyone has ever done on Network t.v.

No, what does it REALLY look like?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Keep Calm, Akira Hokuto On said:

I assumed Alexa wasn't defending the title because she couldn't reach high enough over the table to sign the contract.  Someone keeps forgetting to leave the step stool out.

Really, do we want Alexa to defend the title?  Actual wrestling is by far the weakest part of her skill set.

She isn't consistent yet, but she has had good matches with Bayley, Sasha, and Asuka, seemingly getting better gradually with each of those matches. That said, her not being good yet is kind of exactly why I want her to defend the belt and lose it before Wrestlemania.