DVDVR Message Board

Raw Is One More Time, Braun - 2/5/2018

Dolfan in NYC

Just now, Dolfan in NYC said:

The reason I know Jason Jordan is legitimately hurt is that he didn't eat a spear/curbstomp combo platter.   

It sucks. He's got so much legit heat with no danger of straying into "cool smarks cheer him" territory it could have been a really refreshing midcard heel run.

• Like 2

That Miz/Crews match was pretty good. I like Miz as champion because the IC title acts like a Television title and he’s always defending it. 

I know he has his detractors, but I like the Miz, therefore, I enjoy his title reigns. 

• Like 5

Once again, RAW was a good show. Really good tag title match with a nice angle to end it. Shame about Jordan though.

They really are doing the second chance match for EC so Bàlor Club time!

It was so great to see the "real" Bayley again even if I assume it will be a one night only thing. That match was great.

Also, the WWE needs to walk a VERY careful line with Alexa *correctly* calling out bullshit on her having to defend in the Chamber while Brock gets to sit on his ass.   Yes, it's a heel trying to weasel her way out of the match, but it's a dangerous place to go with equating sexism with heel behavior. 

• Like 1

Crews is starting to get it together. That's 2 matches in a row where I really wanted him to win despite liking his opposition much more.

It just doesn't feel like a Raw until Drew Gulak takes a Lumbar Check. Then I know all is right in the world.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

Also, the WWE needs to walk a VERY careful line with Alexa *correctly* calling out bullshit on her having to defend in the Chamber while Brock gets to sit on his ass.   Yes, it's a heel trying to weasel her way out of the match, but it's a dangerous place to go with equating sexism with heel behavior. 

Not only the sexism, but also Brock basically being an absentee champion who defends the belt maybe once a quarter.  I honestly don't care who he drops the belt to at Mania as long as he loses it to someone and goes back to hunting elk or whatever it is he does.

I don't mind Miz being in the chamber as he's obviously going to be cannon fodder but I'd rather have him in an IC title match.  Brock obviously isn't going to be wrestling at EC so having the other male singles champ defend their title would be a wise thing to do.

13 minutes ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

She kind of lost credibility when Angle revealed she hadn't defend the belt in 3-4 months.

• Like 1

I thought her response to that worked pretty well. Why hasn't Kurt booked anyone a title match?

It felt like setup to take her out of the chamber, put Nia in, but then "punish" Bliss by making her defend the belt against Asuka. Except the Mania title match kinda rules that out.

There were a lot of women's matches tonight.

As long as Champs like Alexa or Charlotte are on TV regularly, I kind of like the fact that they're not having to defend on a weekly basis. It helps prevent staleness, gives other workers a chance to shine, and makes an actual title match a little more special.

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

Alexa was completely wrong. Brock defended his title at the Rumble, while she was essentially off that night. Alexa hasn't defended hers since TLC in October. 

36 minutes ago, PetrolCB said:

That Miz/Crews match was pretty good. I like Miz as champion because the IC title acts like a Television title and he’s always defending it. 

I know he has his detractors, but I like the Miz, therefore, I enjoy his title reigns. 

Definitely agree with this, Miz/Crews was a great match. My only complaint was that I felt that Miz didn't really need to win it. I think the IC title is wasted in an EC match, let Apollo get a small push and have Miz have another amazing title defense. (Just not against Roman again.)

I couldn't believe Michael Cole actually brought up Drake Maverick being formerly known as Rockstar Spud. The whole cruiserweight tournament feels like HHH basically admitting they fucked up with the division after the CWC. I hope the cruiserweight reboot is successful, but I won't let my hopes get too high.

• Like 3