DVDVR Message Board

R.I.P. Dennis Edwards

supremebve

2 hours ago, supremebve said:

Dennis Edwards, best known as the lead singer of The Temptations after David Ruffin left has died.  Edwards' had one of those voices that was equally powerful and smooth.  

It sucks that Edwards portion of the the Temptations biopic was reduced to him being mad about the lyrics to Papa Was a Rolling Stone when that was a fictional myth and his father died on a different day. But I guess Otis had to make himself seem like the level head person of the group because it's told through his perspective. Shit, I never knew Ruffin was tipped off that they were replacing him with Dennis Edwards and then they were thinking about firing Dennis to bring David back. The film makes it seems like once David was gone, he was gone for good. Man, I hope someone can do a more in depth and truthful version (i.e. not the warped one Otis gave everyone) of the Temptations story and can even include the stories about all the different splinter groups (basically every R&B and Funk band from the 60s to the 80s have them) since Dennis had the Temptations Review.

RIP Dennis