DVDVR Message Board

[NXT] FEB 2018 DISCUSSION

RIPPA

This is similar to Dave stoking fears about Dream and at least one other NXT guy.

He also mentioned in the last week or so that Oney Lorcan is banged up, which is why he's been absent.

8 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Meltzer followed up on the Lars Sullivan story

Basically Lars has a knee injury and another "health issue" but he is expected back in the next few weeks

Thank fuck. I was scared there for a hot minute.

Lars came back out later in the night, interrupting a Marcel Barthel promo with two Freak Accidents, so maybe they’re thinking of turning him face again.

Fun show tonight for a $20 front row seat. Percy and Dasha were hosts/ring announcers, Corino ran show, Aliyah and TM61 were pre-show meet & greets. More stacked lineup than I anticipated for a Florida house show with Roddy, Candice, Street Profits, TM61 vs. AOP,  Kairi and an Aleister/Buddy Murphy main which was actually pretty awesome. Apparently these guys have been facing each other a good bit on the Florida circuit. Also had a pretty good HOSS FIGHT between Donovan Dijak(just billed as Dijak) who jobbed to Brennan Williams(the ex-NFLer). I met Kacy Catanzaro(the Ninja Warrior chick) who helped video the show from the hard-cam. Aleister did the post-show selfies. 

• Like 2

I don't understand why they broke up Murphy & Blake but I'm be happy to see Buddy back, even more so if it's going to result in him getting a push. His deadlift Brainbuster is an awesome spot.

Team up with TM61 against Undisputed Era?

• Like 1

On 2/9/2018 at 3:15 PM, NikoBaltimore said:

$20 to see Kairi and meet Aleister?  Damn, sounds like a good time.  I wonder how they're going to bring Buddy back into the fold, but I always liked him so it'd be nice to see him back on NXT TV.

Just realized they were running Orlando tonight and I’m down here so I bought a $10 GA ticket. Looks like Kairi is here again, Lacey Evans, Almas/Mendoza as you see above, and a 6-man Undisputed Era/Heavy Machinery & Gargano which should be a blast.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Peck said:

Izzy is here and got her first chant of the night from a handful of 30-something neckbeards. Wrestling fans are the worst.

That wasn't as bad as the USA chant during the Marcel vs Boa match. Granted it was only a few people but still noticeable.

Fun show tonight in a new building. Heavy Machiner/Gargano vs Undisputed Era was the match of the night. The era selling the Machinery's bearhugs was awesome. Mendoza/Almas was good but the crowd died after a horrible women's match before it.

1 hour ago, Tim Evans said:

That wasn't as bad as the USA chant during the Marcel vs Boa match. Granted it was only a few people but still noticeable.

Fun show tonight in a new building. Heavy Machiner/Gargano vs Undisputed Era was the match of the night. The era selling the Machinery's bearhugs was awesome. Mendoza/Almas was good but the crowd died after a horrible women's match before it.

Yeah, that Jessie/Sage Beckett match was rough. Candice/Lacey was decent. And you are 100% correct on the Era. O’Reilly and Fish are an underrated comedy act on the house show circuit. Was cool seeing Britt Baker, Marina Shafir(and son) and Lacey’s husband and young daughter all cheering their significant others in the crowd.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, turk128 said:

Any notables?

The wrestling dudes (some but not all places they worked)

• Austin Theory (EVOLVE, FIP)
  • Kamilla Kaine (SHINE)
  • Kylie Rae (SHIMMER, Reality of Wrestling (Booker T's Fed))
  • Elia Markopoulos (Chaotic)
  • Jarek 1-20 (EVOLVE, CZW)
  • Moonshine Mantell (K-DOJO - yes he was trained by TAKA and Funaki (along with Rudy Boy Gonzalez))
  • Kevin Kross (AAA, TNA/Global)
  • Maria Manic (CZW)
  • Rob Ryzin (Already has done a bunch of jobber matches on NXT)
  • Dylan Bostic (Heartland, Ohio Valley, IWC)
  • Jaxon Stone (WXW)
  • Alexia Nicole (SMASH, Used to team with Aliyah as Team Barely Legal)
  • Earl Cooter/Bryan Idol (WWN, Fight the World, Changed gimmicks around the beginning of 2017)

Of those the ones to look out for me personally are Austin Theory and Dylan Bostic. I am sure some of our Euro friends can comment on Jaxon Stone but pretty much when I scan my WXW matches I am just looking for WALTER.

There are a couple of UFC/MMA folks who might be names but I would have no idea how to judge. Like one is a Ultimate Fighter finalist but I have no idea if that means he made the finals or was just on the show.

And a lot of women this time have what was Lingerie Football experience. One might have even been an old teammate of Summer Rae.

• Like 1

I'm intrigued by Stacey Ervin Jr. If we are going to have small flippy guys, recruiting good college gymnasts seems like a good idea. He's also dating Simone Biles which honestly can't hurt his chances of being hired..

Maria Manic is the only one I'm familiar with because she's local here. She has a power lifter look similar to Dana but she's taller. She works with a lot of men and isn't afraid to get color, but that's become pretty common for women on the indies and it doesn't seem like WWE would hold that against her like they may have a couple of years ago. Maybe a diamond in the rough pickup. 

• Like 1

On 2/12/2018 at 8:38 AM, (BP) said:

Maria Manic is the only one I'm familiar with because she's local here. She has a power lifter look similar to Dana but she's taller. She works with a lot of men and isn't afraid to get color, but that's become pretty common for women on the indies and it doesn't seem like WWE would hold that against her like they may have a couple of years ago. Maybe a diamond in the rough pickup. 

I still remember the first time seeing her live she was at EWA (a super shitty local fed) and she was managing her boyfriend.  She just started with that name, forgot what the one before was, but she didn't do much of anything then.  So color me surprised when I see her name pop up in places like CZW and other places.  She has a tremendous look but don't know how her wrestling/promo skills are, hopefully she fares well.

And Austin Theory would do pretty well in NXT so I see him going in.  I heard of Kevin Kross but haven't seen his stuff so don't know how he'll fare.

6 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Buddy Murphy is getting a 205 Live shot

giphy.gif

Good. Dude earned it. Had a great match with Aleister Thursday in the main event as mentioned above. I don’t think he’ll ever be a central character but he’s a solid hand.