DVDVR Message Board

Start 'em or Sit 'em

BrianS81177

I can start 3 RB's (2 standard RB slots and 1 Flex).  My choices are Trent Richardson (vs. SF), Alfred Morris (vs. GB, David Wilson (vs. CAR), Joique Bell (vs. Wsh), and Willis Mcgahee (vs. Den)

Right now I looking at : Richardson, Morris, and Bell

My flex is not necessarily limited to an RB, I can throw in Jared Cook (vs. Dallas), Brian Harline (vs. Atl), Marlon Brown (vs. Hou)

I can start 3 RB's (2 standard RB slots and 1 Flex).  My choices are Trent Richardson (vs. SF), Alfred Morris (vs. GB, David Wilson (vs. CAR), Joique Bell (vs. Wsh), and Willis Mcgahee (vs. Den)

My flex is not necessarily limited to an RB, I can throw in Jared Cook (vs. Dallas), Brian Harline (vs. Atl), Marlon Brown (vs. Hou)

TRICH and McGEEE aren't going to have time to learn the plays, and as a result will not get much playing time. They might vulture a TD or get lucky and bust out a long run, but that's in wing and a prayer category. I'd do Bell and Morris and one of the 3 receiving options at your flex.

My running backs are thin since the David Wilson experiment was a failure.  So I am down with either Ray Rice or Darren Sproles this week. Normally I would take Rice but while he may play he is definitely hurt.  Wonder if it is better to go with the guy you know will play or the much better player who is uncertain.

My running backs are thin since the David Wilson experiment was a failure. 

I am playing "Cup half full" here, not sure that the experiment has failed but is definitely a work in progress.  I own Wilson as well but I am benching him till he shows a remarkable improvement and consistency. 

My running backs are thin since the David Wilson experiment was a failure. 

I am playing "Cup half full" here, not sure that the experiment has failed but is definitely a work in progress.  I own Wilson as well but I am benching him till he shows a remarkable improvement and consistency. 

I'm hopeful still. I think that they'll have to let him play soon. I'm not dropping him...yet.

TRICH and McGEEE aren't going to have time to learn the plays, and as a result will not get much playing time. They might vulture a TD or get lucky and bust out a long run, but that's in wing and a prayer category. I'd do Bell and Morris and one of the 3 receiving options at your flex.

Responding to my own post.

Just read this:

Indianapolis Colts head coach Chuck Pagano said RB Trent Richardson will get as much as he can handle in the team’s Week 3 game. “We did not bring him in here to be the water boy on Sunday,” he said. “He’ll be ready to roll.”

Take it as you will.

I think I already know the answer, but I need some confirmation. My options for my WR3 and W/R: Nate Burleson (vs. WAS), Robert Woods (vs. NYJ), Marlon Brown (vs. HOU). Who should be the odd man out?

Edit: I forgot about Pierre Thomas.

I think I already know the answer, but I need some confirmation. My options for my WR3 and W/R: Nate Burleson (vs. WAS), Robert Woods (vs. NYJ), Marlon Brown (vs. HOU). Who should be the odd man out?

Isn't Ingram out this week? Something to think about, especially considering the marginal value of your other options.

Morris, Bell, Jared Cook or Trent look up the numbers for Myers week 1 against Dallas cause it seems Tight Ends do very well against Dallas every week. It comes down to do you believe in Trent or hope Cook rebounds.  

Burleson Redskins can't stop the pass and Brown since he's the #2 option on the Ravens.

James Starks or Stevan Ridley?

I HATE Ridley with a passion so Starks since he's the guy for Pack and Johnathan Franklin is backing him up.

I am sitting on the tight end quandary of Jared Cook (who I hope rebounds to star status like week 1) or Jordan Cameron (The best thing going for Cleveland right now)?  Cameron has consistency but Cook has that possible breakout potential

I'd go with Cook. I really can't see any justifiable reason to start any Browns player at this point. Yeah, their receiving corps is improved slightly with Josh Gordon back now, but it's still going to be Hoyer throwing to them, so yeah...no.

I am sitting on the tight end quandary of Jared Cook (who I hope rebounds to star status like week 1) or Jordan Cameron (The best thing going for Cleveland right now)?  Cameron has consistency but Cook has that possible breakout potential

I'd go with Cook. I really can't see any justifiable reason to start any Browns player at this point. Yeah, their receiving corps is improved slightly with Josh Gordon back now, but it's still going to be Hoyer throwing to them, so yeah...no.

I am so sorry...

My opponent started Dwayne Bowe and CJ Spiller. He is losing to me by almost 20 points before the Monday Night game. I have Welker and Decker while he has Julius Thomas.

Hey, same here! My opponent also had Phil Dawson and San Fran's defense. Pretty lucky for me as I had Vernon Davis (Didn't know he wasn't playing until it was too late), James Starks, Randall Cobb, and Marshawn Lynch. I still managed to squeak out a win, thanks to Joique Bell. You know what they say; an ugly win is still a win. :P

PPR league. Return yards do not count for individual players. Who do I start in my RB/WR flex spot:

Ray Rice vs Bills

Rashard Mendenhall vs Bucs

Tavon Austin vs 49ers

Eddie Royal vs Cowboys