DVDVR Message Board

FEBRUARY 2018 WRESTLING ANIMATED GIF THREAD

11 minutes ago, Oyaji said:

HideousIllegalGopher-size_restricted.gif

I feel like this should be posted at least once a year.

I feel like things worked out well for Vince & Linda, though. She wouldn't have gotten a Trump cabinet position if she hadn't failed in her political bids before that, and Vince wouldn't be able to re-open the XFL.

Of course, none of that is good news for any of us, but still. They got what they wanted in the end.

They just couldn't make their relationship last. No chemistry. Didn't stop them from trying all those years. A pity it ended how it did. Think of the children(wearing Cena t-shirts).

On 2/20/2018 at 8:51 PM, Casey said:

I feel like things worked out well for Vince & Linda, though. She wouldn't have gotten a Trump cabinet position if she hadn't failed in her political bids before that, and Vince wouldn't be able to re-open the XFL.

Of course, none of that is good news for any of us, but still. They got what they wanted in the end.

Look on the bright side:  She's one of the Trump administration members that you never hear about.  Considering that most of the reasons why we hear about the others are generally not positive reasons, that's a good thing.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, GetDown said:

giphy.gif

(click the GIF to watch the match)

Foley talks about debuting this move in WCW in his book, called it one of his dumbest ideas and I believe it was the move he said made the ref yell "Holy shit!" which makes sense if you watch the ref reaction in the background !

That is fucking ridiculous too. He lands right on his tailbone. I think you can argue that Foley's bump is less bad, because at least he flat-backed it.

Also, who the fuck agrees to take that bump? It's a concussion waiting to happen.

If I was a wrestler I'd work such a Memphis style it would make everyone hate working with me and I would never stand out.

"So like, I've got a move I like to do where I kinda get you on my shoulders and drop you on your head..."

"Nope."

"Oh okay. Well what do you want to do for the finish? I was thinking of coming off the top with a 480 splash--"

"I'll move and roll you up"

"Ooookay. Have you got any signature moves or spots you want to get in?"

"Not really, I just like punching people and working holds"

"Oh..."

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, Dewar said:

That is fucking ridiculous too. He lands right on his tailbone. I think you can argue that Foley's bump is less bad, because at least he flat-backed it.

Also, who the fuck agrees to take that bump? It's a concussion waiting to happen.

What makes it worse is it often happens so early in the match that it winds up being completely meaningless.

3 hours ago, CreativeControl said:

If I was a wrestler I'd work such a Memphis style it would make everyone hate working with me and I would never stand out.

"So like, I've got a move I like to do where I kinda get you on my shoulders and drop you on your head..."

"Nope."

"Oh okay. Well what do you want to do for the finish? I was thinking of coming off the top with a 480 splash--"

"I'll move and roll you up"

"Ooookay. Have you got any signature moves or spots you want to get in?"

"Not really, I just like punching people and working holds"

"Oh..."

I think its more important to considering the possible hiding spots for your invisible chain.  

• Like 2