DVDVR Message Board

FEBRUARY 2018 WRESTLING ANIMATED GIF THREAD

33 minutes ago, Keep Calm, Akira Hokuto On said:

Big E is the babyface heavyweight champion we deserve but will never get.

If Big E ever does get a singles push, I'll bet a $100 they turn him heel and give him "generic scary black guy #100" as his new character.

And then wonder why he didn't get over

• Like 1

Guest Stefanie Without Stefanie

I can't even imagine the thought process that thinks of taking this kind of move and goes "yeah, you know, this is going to end well".

That Vince gif reminds me of the story from Bret's book where Vince went partying with the boys one night and didn't he want to take a punch or something to show how tough he was? Then a bunch of them took some real liberties. I forget the particular details but it's one of the best bits from an awesome book. 

2 hours ago, CreativeControl said:

I fucking love Vince McMahon :lol: Takes him a while to get warmed up but then... 

This seals it for me.  If the Vince biopic gets made I want to see Christopher McDonald play Vince.  I saw about four facial expressions that are almost identical to things I've seen McDonald do in various roles.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Oyaji said:

That Vince gif reminds me of the story from Bret's book where Vince went partying with the boys one night and didn't he want to take a punch or something to show how tough he was? Then a bunch of them took some real liberties. I forget the particular details but it's one of the best bits from an awesome book. 

The story was Vince took the Doomsday Device but Hawk barely touched him with the clothesline and a few guys caught Vince on the way down. Neidhart said that the Hart Foundation would have the balls to do their finish properly and Bret drunkenly agreed while thinking "What the fuck did I just say?" so when Jim picked Vince up in a big bear hug, Bret realized he had to do it in front of the boys after agreeing and gave him a shoot running clothesline. They were sprawled out on the floor then Vince slurred "You owe me a drink, Hitman." and they continued the night. The night ended with Davey Boy carrying Vince on his shoulders looking for a place to powerslam him and then everyone getting stoned and pissing on Ric Flair's hotel bed.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3