DVDVR Message Board

FEBRUARY 2018 WRESTLING ANIMATED GIF THREAD

The prospect of Janela and/or Sasuke being horrifically injured in their match together has to be really high, those two need to be kept apart because who knows what kinda f'd up stuff they might come up with.

I never like these spots as it demonstrates that wrestling is so easy anyone, including the referee can do it.  It breaks the suspension of disbelief by jumping the line of wrestling logic to pure silly.  

I've become Jim Cornette.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

53 minutes ago, Goodear said:

I never like these spots as it demonstrates that wrestling is so easy anyone, including the referee can do it.  It breaks the suspension of disbelief by jumping the line of wrestling logic to pure silly.  

It’s okay. Just be worried if you start asking for double onion, double mayo...motherfucker. 

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Goodear said:

Considering the ref almost breaks his back on the ring apron because he does the spot wrong - I don't know if that is the best example of "anyone can do it!"

31 minutes ago, PetrolCB said:

It’s okay. Just be worried if you start asking for double onion, double mayo...motherfucker. 

I recently heard him telling a story - probably about late 90's booking committee meetings at WWF -- where he says he was so upset that he had to drive right to Wendy's and get two Triples. 

Rick Knox did train to become a wrestler, but ended up a ref like a lot of guys. He's very fun in his interactions in PWG. Comes with the tomfoolery. He hits the dive clean in the second video here. There's a lot of other junk out there with him. He's fairly well liked I'd assume. Good normal ref too. Any interference done with the YB is justified. They've feuded for years and attacked him a bunch of times.

18 hours ago, Ryan said:

Any interference done with the YB is justified. They've feuded for years and attacked him a bunch of times.

The Bucks' contestant attacks on Knox, while also fucking with Kevin Steen, culminating in Bucks & Cage vs Knox and the re-formed Steenerico, was some of the best long-term storytelling I've seen.

Also, I can't remember the participants, but a few shows ago Knox refused to count a pin attempt by a heel, yelling something like "fuck you, I'm not counting that, you just hit him with a chair!"

• Haha 1