DVDVR Message Board

FEBRUARY 2018 WRESTLING ANIMATED GIF THREAD

8 hours ago, elizium said:

k.gif

tumblr_o6fnxyDmGA1qhndw9o1_400.gif

He pretty much always overshot it. It's still pretty damn impressive for a fat dude, but probably for the best, that's a lot of meat coming down on you.

I used to have tape from some Australian fed they worked (High Risk Championship Wrestling) that managed to get TV there. One of them hit the moonsault but he barely rotated over in time... they were basically 5 degrees from a murder/suicide. 

On 2/3/2018 at 2:06 AM, caley said:

Imagine being told "Then Ahmed will give you the Pearl River Plunge through an announce table...""  I bet your entire life flashes before your eyes: "Why didn't I go to college?  I should have gone to college... Is it too late to get food poisoning?"

Ahmed did a shoot interview where he said he specifically chose that guy to take that bump b/c he (the guy) owed him money. Ahmed said he threw him extra hard b/c the guy was trying to avoid paying him back.

On 2/2/2018 at 7:12 PM, Oyaji said:

giphy.gif 

classic

What's funny is that even though it was a shitty match, it actually had some sound psychology. They teased the table spot for a little while and delivered it at the right time. Then Mongo took control for a little bit and tried his tombstone but his back was hurt from going through table. He couldn't get Goldberg up and Goldberg capitalized with a jackhammer to win. Cruddy match but I was impressed they at least took the time to tell some kind of story.

On ‎2‎/‎3‎/‎2018 at 12:58 PM, elizium said:

k.gif

tumblr_o6fnxyDmGA1qhndw9o1_400.gif

He pretty much always overshot it. It's still pretty damn impressive for a fat dude, but probably for the best, that's a lot of meat coming down on you.

I've always bought the Headhunter moonsault finisher even when they overshoot, because a guy that big doesn't have to hit you flush in order to kill you when coming down from that height.

1 hour ago, J.T. said:

I've always bought the Headhunter moonsault finisher even when they overshoot, because a guy that big doesn't have to hit you flush in order to kill you when coming down from that height.

I always assumed that big fat guys intentionally overshoot a bit on moonsaults to try to protect their opponent a bit.  Having one of the Headhunters land on you cleanly seems like a good way to move your innards in an unpleasant direction.

On 2/4/2018 at 6:14 AM, GetDown said:

ss76Vit.gif

Oh, come on!  The "TURTLE POWER" joke is right there.

On ‎2‎/‎5‎/‎2018 at 12:19 PM, Keep Calm, Akira Hokuto On said:

I always assumed that big fat guys intentionally overshoot a bit on moonsaults to try to protect their opponent a bit.  Having one of the Headhunters land on you cleanly seems like a good way to move your innards in an unpleasant direction.

Well, I was speaking from the kayfabe perspective but yeah,  the Headhunters want to look spectacular without killing they guy taking the spot.

My son and I saw/heard/felt Janela's ring apron bump up close at a Beyond show (no chairs or barriers so you can lean right on the apron) and it was fucking disgusting. The fact that he does it often, yeah, homey probably should be setting money aside for his wheelchair-bound future. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Keep Calm, Akira Hokuto On said:

Joey Janela's not going to last in this business very long....

tumblr_ofniwbxKTB1s066k8o1_400.gif

tumblr_ofnis9DpJ21s066k8o1_400.gif

tumblr_oubqabqgbc1s05wxzo1_400.gif

tumblr_nx2ocd0Ixr1sj4xr4o1_500.gif

You know you're doing something wrong when a superplex to the floor is the safest bump in your gif highlights.

• Haha 1