DVDVR Message Board

FEBRUARY 2018 WRESTLING ANIMATED GIF THREAD

33 minutes ago, PetrolCB said:

Did Kwee Wee ever make a return after getting his face caved in by Sonny Siaki?

Considering that the GIF is from Greed - which was the last WCW PPV a week before they were sold.

Yes, yes he did

Imagine being told "Then Ahmed will give you the Pearl River Plunge through an announce table...""  I bet your entire life flashes before your eyes: "Why didn't I go to college?  I should have gone to college... Is it too late to get food poisoning?"

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

5 hours ago, Brian Fowler said:

Of all the things I was expecting to happen, him over jumping was not on the list.

Right? I actually feel bad for the dude, even as I'm laughing. You know he practiced that move and had to build up his courage to get onto the top rope.

This was to be his big moment.The crowd were going to pop huge!

11 hours ago, caley said:

Imagine being told "Then Ahmed will give you the Pearl River Plunge through an announce table...""  I bet your entire life flashes before your eyes: "Why didn't I go to college?  I should have gone to college... Is it too late to get food poisoning?"

How about D'Lo taking the PRP on a car when he was carrying around more weight. 

1 hour ago, elizium said:

k.gif

tumblr_o6fnxyDmGA1qhndw9o1_400.gif

He pretty much always overshot it. It's still pretty damn impressive for a fat dude, but probably for the best, that's a lot of meat coming down on you.

Yeah, if you are going to have a fat dude moonsault onto you, you'd rather them over shoot it than land it like this.

xlT6C0.gif

20 hours ago, PetrolCB said:

Did Kwee Wee ever make a return after getting his face caved in by Sonny Siaki?

Yeah, he recovered almost 100% (he was still deaf in one ear, last I heard).  Odessa is right.  The accident happened during a tag match in Finland on an indy show called Baltic Brawl. Funk wrestled on and off after that until 2011 or so.  I remember him doing a tour (maybe a couple tours?) with All Japan, wrestling in NWA Wildside and some other small indys, and working as an exotico for Lucha Libre USA.