DVDVR Message Board

FEBRUARY 2018 WRESTLING ANIMATED GIF THREAD

Was there anybody remotely close to what Ahmed Johnson was? As a kid who still thought some things were real in wrestling, Ahmed certainly was convincing in a lot of ways and less so in others. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, CreativeControl said:

If ever I'm feeling bored and/or down, a Stan Hansen lariat compilation will always cheer me up!

I created a YouTube favorites playlist of squash matches for my profile entitled Heel Beatdowns and it always makes me smile.

• Like 1

I loved Ahmed at the time, with the high impact offence and tiger bomb finish he was genuinely the most exciting prospect that had appeared on the scene in a long time to a 11 year old kid. I had no doubt in my mind he was the next big thing.

Looking back now, I cringe at near enough everything he does. Sloppy is an understatement

• Like 2

3 hours ago, CreativeControl said:

I loved Ahmed at the time, with the high impact offence and tiger bomb finish he was genuinely the most exciting prospect that had appeared on the scene in a long time to a 11 year old kid. I had no doubt in my mind he was the next big thing.

Looking back now, I cringe at near enough everything he does. Sloppy is an understatement

Same here.

Somehow, Ahmed managed to have virtually all the tools you need to succeed in wrestling while at the same time managing to be a completely shitty wrestler.  He was .. uh.... a riddle wrapped in an enigma and stuffed into a paradox.  Or something.  LOl, you can't teach that.

23 minutes ago, Captain Kronos said:

I don't know who the dudes in the pink and the yellow are, but that spot was awesome AF.

Yellow tights is Jason Jett

Pink tights is Kwee Wee aka Alan Funk

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1