DVDVR Message Board

FEBRUARY 2018 WRESTLING PHOTO THREAD

8 hours ago, Brian Fowler said:

Christ Mysterio is small. He's barely taller than Vega, who is like a miniature person.

I still can't believe WWE billed him at 5'7".

Ha, that amazed me too, there was some close-up pic where the two where almost the same height, and I'm thinking Vega must be standing on a box....

Nope.  I'm not even sure he is 5'5".

I have all the respect in the world for Rey.  Because of his size, he literally had zero chance to accomplish what he did.  And he did.  And I'm even happier he stopped doing whatever shit he was doing, because there's a workout photo out there where he was scary big and it clearly was not going to end well.  

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Brian Fowler said:

FWIW, WCW listed him at 5'3"

I learned about Rey when I saw him featured in the 1995 PWI 500 where he was listed as 5'3'' and 140.  Given it was rare to see guys under 200 at that time I figured that had to be a misprint until I saw him in ECW.

17 hours ago, Zartan said:

danielschris.jpg

I seem to remember reading the original payoff for the Higher Power/Corporate Ministry campaign was Daniels.   I can't imagine how different the WWF/E would have been with him being the focus of the Austin feud. 

Anyone know why they backed out?  

40 minutes ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

I seem to remember reading the original payoff for the Higher Power/Corporate Ministry campaign was Daniels.   I can't imagine how different the WWF/E would have been with him being the focus of the Austin feud. 

Pritchard wanted him because of the Fallen Angel gimmick, but Vince took one look at him and said he was too small. It would have been strange to have someone who would've been seen as a total rando with no national tv exposure be the Undertaker's boss, Vince's new number one nemesis, and presumably Austin's new challenger. Maybe Daniels could have pulled it off, and of course WWE's filled with guys Daniels size now. It certainly doesn't seem like it was considered for very long and was just part of the process of them trying to get out of the corner they wrote themselves into. 

5 hours ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

My favorite rumor was Brian Pillman faking his death. If anybody could have pulled off an angle like that, Brian Pillman was the guy. I'm actually surprised he never tried it during the "Loose Cannon" days.

• Like 1

On 2/8/2018 at 5:57 PM, Captain Kronos said:

63577449_2013-07-18-20-39-33-50316172281 63577451_2013-08-25-14-55-10-53052986743 63577456_2013-09-25-21-30-51-55319707255 63577459_2013-08-01-13-21-51-51308828616

Stalking Charlotte's IG, which is filled with great stuff like classic Flair pics and 2012-13 Horsewomen noob era. 

Is that Del Rey with the gals? I haven't seen a pic of her in years, and it took me a minute to think how I recognized the face. 

The one you think is Del Rey is actually Charlotte before she dyed her hair..

From L to R: Bayley, Kendall Skye, Charlotte, Sasha (below), Becky

As fun as it is to think about Pillman as the Higher Power I honestly reckon him faking his death would've completely killed the territory. Advertisers would've been pulling out left right and centre and you'd completely have abused the trust of the fans 

• Like 1