DVDVR Message Board

FEBRUARY 2018 WRESTLING PHOTO THREAD

I loved Team Madness. It's a shame Savage was pretty broken down and probably overdoing it on the gas. Although even if he'd been in great shape he'd still be stuck in dying WCW without an olive branch to go back to WWF. 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, mattdangerously said:

The President.

I was about to make a Don King joke, then I realized I like Don King far more than Trump and don't feel like insulting him that way.

Mind blown.  What a bizarre rabbitt hole we find ourselves in.

On 2/5/2018 at 6:33 AM, Lamp, broken circa 1988 said:

YAY I GET TO BE THIS GUY

not a kimono, it's a kesho-mawashi. once sumo wrestlers reach the two upper-most divisions, they have them made custom to express some part of their personality. They can express anything from inspirational iconography...

306_Kondo.jpg

...to what enormous dorks they are.

index.jpg

sumo rules

I wish I remember the American sumo whose kesho-mawashi had a giant BUDWEISER logo of all things.

EDIT: Sentoryu, from St Louis (hence the Bud sponsorship). Couldn't find that one, but this one is way up there.

138.jpg

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Captain Kronos said:

Spring Stampede 2000. Early in the show, Schiavone appears to be none-too-happy to be there. He stares into the camera just like that for almost all of Madden's speech.

63429731_vlcsnap-2018-02-06-19h05m45s464

Anybody subjected to Mark Madden would have that same expression.

I give you Mark Madden's finest moment:

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, Victator said:

So how exactly was a topless Mark Madden suppose to get people to flip tp Nitro?

Going for the chubby chaser demographic?

Nothing was going to get people to flip to Nitro at that point, so might as well have someone so obnoxious, with no redeeming qualities take a beating.

1 hour ago, Mickie Zeidler said:

The asshole everyone hates gets beat up, it's an easy hit.

But couldn't he get beat up clothed?

1 hour ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Nothing was going to get people to flip to Nitro at that point, so might as well have someone so obnoxious, with no redeeming qualities take a beating.

This might be the last time Raw actively counter programmed Nitro. This was the night they did the Jericho title win and Dusty finish which aired during Nitro's opening segment. They grossly overestimated Russo. 

Which is a roundabout way of saying, WWE thought WCW was capable of changing the tide. 

On 2/5/2018 at 1:39 PM, (BP) said:

I loved Team Madness. It's a shame Savage was pretty broken down and probably overdoing it on the gas. Although even if he'd been in great shape he'd still be stuck in dying WCW without an olive branch to go back to WWF. 

WWE had talked with Savage in 02, the bad blood came later. i think he had negotiated with them in 97/98.