DVDVR Message Board

FEBRUARY 2018 WRESTLING PHOTO THREAD

2 hours ago, Red is Dead said:

Was Roman related to Rosey? Or is it the "he's my uncle because he stopped round for tea and biscuits a couple of times" type relative?

What Brian said

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anoaʻi_family

If you want to go down the rabbit hole.

Obviously it gets confusing when multiple generations call each other cousin (like the Usos are technically Reigns 1st cousin once removed but obviously they call each other "Cous")

It's like this, basically: Joe isn't realated to them at all (except that Samoan culture holds that they are all related)

Rock is related only insomuch that his maternal grandfather was "blood brother" to old man Anoa'i.

Pretty much all the rest of the Samoan wrestlers WWE have ever had are actually blood relatives.

EDIT: Nia is Rock's actual cousin as well, I think on his maternal grandmother's side, but I'm not 100% sure on that. Uh... I went down that rabbit hole one night.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Captain Kronos said:

Looks like Rosey and Roman are 15 yrs apart. My half-sister is 12 years younger than I am. 

Interesting to see that Gary Albright married into the family, too. 

Matt (Rosey) came to see Joe (Roman) at GT once when we were all there. This is when I lived in the ULC where Joe and most of the other athletes lived. EVERYONE was convinced Matt was his dad. Pretty funny stuff....

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Pete said:

I just love that these photos still escape into the wild every now and then after I originally uploaded them 15-20 years ago. :D

Well they are still on the DVDVR server so they ain't going anywhere.

Almost all of the Land of Sadness managed to survive the multiple server crashes

• Like 2

On 2/2/2018 at 4:20 AM, Brian Fowler said:

It's like this, basically: Joe isn't realated to them at all (except that Samoan culture holds that they are all related)

Rock is related only insomuch that his maternal grandfather was "blood brother" to old man Anoa'i.

Pretty much all the rest of the Samoan wrestlers WWE have ever had are actually blood relatives.

EDIT: Nia is Rock's actual cousin as well, I think on his maternal grandmother's side, but I'm not 100% sure on that. Uh... I went down that rabbit hole one night.

Maternal grandfather. She even has Peter Maivia's last name (Fanene)

• Thanks 1

On 2/3/2018 at 8:01 AM, Captain Kronos said:

Is it possible Hansen's kimono didn't fit him? :lol:

YAY I GET TO BE THIS GUY

not a kimono, it's a kesho-mawashi. once sumo wrestlers reach the two upper-most divisions, they have them made custom to express some part of their personality. They can express anything from inspirational iconography...

306_Kondo.jpg

...to what enormous dorks they are.

index.jpg

sumo rules

• Like 7