DVDVR Message Board

FEBRUARY 2018 WRESTLING DISCUSSION.

5 hours ago, just drew said:

-The Revival don't do it for me. To me, it's the "Jason Aldean" theory. Jason Aldean is a country singer that constantly has to sing about how country he is. The general rule is, the more you have to tell people you're something, the less that thing you are. I just don't buy Dash and Dawson as lethal tough guys.

Uh, no, Revival are Sturgill Simpson--a really, really great tribute to an already great act from years prior.  Jason Aldean sucks.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Mickie Zeidler said:

Charlotte looks like someone's Mom that hangs around the bar too much.

Well, to be entirely fair, her dad did hang around the bar too much...

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

52 minutes ago, Oyaji said:

Nah, that's just a running gag on PWG commentary. Excalibur body shames Adam Cole and Chuck plays along. They are not serious. I believe this is the Genesis of McGillifatty.

Well, he may be a DIRL but not for that particular reason, anyway.

Yeah, I was just going with the #DIRL thing...

10 hours ago, just drew said:

"Just Drew's weekend is today and tomorrow so you get WWE network inane ramblings from me" part 2.

-What happened to Becky Lynch? She might be the best all-around female they have. Attractive, good worker, good promo. Who did she piss off?

I think it's a testament to how good Becky is that she constantly stays over despite being booked to be a bit of a loser. Her PPV record is pretty terrible, including losses to people like an untested Alexa and stale Natalya, yet she hasn't reached the level of crowd apathy that Bayley has, despite now being pretty much the #3 face on Smackdown

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Matt D said:

She’s got that theme. It’s as good as anyone’s since what? Alex Riley? It’s one of the best wrestling themes of all time. That helps.

Alex Riley HAS to be the answer for "best theme song for mediocre wrestler" of all time, right? I mean, "Say it to my Face" is in my workout mix to this very day.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, just drew said:

Alex Riley HAS to be the answer for "best theme song for mediocre wrestler" of all time, right? I mean, "Say it to my Face" is in my workout mix to this very day.

Possibly cheating because it was also used by the early Hardys, but:

• Like 2

Becky's theme is cool, buy that Alex Riley theme suuuuucks. I never got the hype on that one.

Anyway, Rob Conway's Randy Newman-style knockoff theme "Just Look At Me" had to be my favorite theme for a mediocre wrestler.

• Like 2

While Johnson/CFO$ wrote them, Downstait preformed them.  Miz, Ziggler and Ryder's are currently done by them, they have a version of Seth's that he didn't end up using, and they did Cody's current one.  

Yeah, Ziggler's and Miz's need updating.

1 hour ago, Zakk_Sabbath said:

The two themes I absolutely hate right now are Miz' and Ziggler's, I think it's the same guy or band doing them coincidentally (they don't sound in-house). Just really dated to ten or so years ago and doesn't fit at all anymore for either guy

Miz's is great because it encapsulates his gimmick. 

• Like 2