DVDVR Message Board

FEBRUARY 2018 WRESTLING DISCUSSION.

Hunter and Shawn both were played out by the DX Band at WM 14 with Hunter winning and Shawn losing. The band also played a gloriously shitty version of America the Beautiful at the beginning of the night that had the crowd in an uproar. 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, MonteCarl said:

LT won when Salt and Peppa sang him to the ring at WM11

Sasha lost when Snoop rapped her to the ring laat year.

That was WrestleMania 32 (2016), when she faced Becky Lynch and Charlotte in a triple threat match.

2017 was the fatal four way against Bayley, Nia Jax & Charlotte.

Maybe never. He's making more now than he did in WWE, he's a top guy in ROH, and he's a big part of NJPW. Maybe if WWE gives him an offer to position him near the top with similar money he comes back. 

Does anyone remember the cut away to Michael Cole, Booker, and Corey standing at their set and the whole time Booker is staring at Corey like he's going to kill him? Booker came off like a bully who didn't like the smart kid talking shit to him. I thought for sure that Booker was going to throw a punch. This was something like a month or two ago.

2 minutes ago, PetrolCB said:

You know who would’ve been a better alternative to Booker than Coach? Nobody. Three man booths suck. 

I will only accept a 3 man booth of Young Boy Tom, Corey, and Nigel. Other than that, I'd be happy with Tom and Corey calling everything.

Oh, found a clip of what I referenced...kinda...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Craig H said:

Does anyone remember the cut away to Michael Cole, Booker, and Corey standing at their set and the whole time Booker is staring at Corey like he's going to kill him? Booker came off like a bully who didn't like the smart kid talking shit to him. I thought for sure that Booker was going to throw a punch. This was something like a month or two ago.

Isn't Booker known to be a bully? I thought I recall hearing this so what you say makes sense if true.

10 minutes ago, Eivion said:

Isn't Booker known to be a bully? I thought I recall hearing this so what you say makes sense if true.

Booker T is a tough dude and has pulled his veteran respect card on others, which I guess could be seen as bullying. Plus, it's not like Booker T is a sane and rational person. This is the guy that flipped the fuck out because someone drank one or two of his Red Bulls (that I think the Young Bucks drank). It's a story so famous that people keep telling it and mainly focus on how crazy Booker T was. 

Booker T spoke about smart words being used against him. I mean, come on, really?

I think Corey and Nigel's best positions are as heel color guys. Corey is adaptable enough to be the babyface color guy, (and he's kind of been forced there every time Booker lurched to the heel side of things,) but really Tom was more effective on his own pushing back on Graves. Cole can do that, although he isn't as effective as when he can step in when the heel guy is going too far.

If it's an angle, (which doesn't really make sense if it is, because Corey can't get in a fight and/or get his comeuppance were he to undertake some sort of heel manager role) then whatever, but if it's not, Booker's response is entirely out of line, even if he excluded all the places he's likely to actually come into contact with Corey.

I imagine after that radio interview someone called Booker and were like, "Book, man, you can't say stuff like that!"

"Why not?!"

"Because! It's unprofessional. You just can't threaten to fight someone like you're in grade school."

"Well I don't like him talking back at me like that during Raw. Makes me want to pop him in the mouth."

"Thats...that's Corey playing his role. He's not antagonizing you personally!"

"SO?!"

• Thanks 3

Okay - besides the Roman Reigns/Bray Wyatt EC qualifier match they have now announced 

Braun Strowman vs. Elias vs. John Cena - Winner will enter EC last

Seth Rollins/Jason Jordan vs. The Bar in tag title rematch (assuming that is going to be angletastic since Jordan still has a fucked up neck)

Also

Coming off his surprise appearance in the Royal Rumble, Rey Mysterio seems hopeful about returning to WWE for a longer stay.

"I want to say that there is a big possibility that I will be back," Mysterio said in an interview with The Mirror that was conducted prior to him wrestling for 5 Star Wrestling in Liverpool last Thursday. "[We're] figuring out what the situation is, you know from both ends. But there is definitely a positive feedback on behalf of the fans, on behalf of the WWE staff, and behalf of myself man."

"I think we're possibly going to sit down and negotiate something where we can both work together and have a good time and enjoy," Mysterio said.

Mysterio was the most noteworthy surprise entrant in the men's Royal Rumble last month. He came in at number 27, received a strong reaction from the crowd, and was part of the final five in the match. He was eliminated by Finn Balor, with it coming down to Balor, Shinsuke Nakamura, John Cena, and Roman Reigns before Nakamura won by last eliminating Reigns.

Dave Meltzer reported that Mysterio's appearance was scheduled to be a one-off, though he wrote that the door is open for Mysterio to do more with the company based on his Rumble performance and the reaction he received from the audience. Meltzer noted that Mysterio has commitments "all over the world" right now, but he doesn't have a contract with anyone.

A clip of Mysterio appearing in the Royal Rumble currently has nearly 12 million views on WWE's YouTube channel.

https://www.f4wonline.com/wwe-news/rey-mysterio-wwe-return-i-want-say-theres-big-possibility-251186