DVDVR Message Board

FEBRUARY 2018 WRESTLING DISCUSSION.

31 minutes ago, (BP) said:

If Cena wasn't otherwise occupied (and not going to be around forever) I'd say Elias would get a strong push to be sacrificed to Big Match John before joining Rusev and Bray in the abandoned toys pile. His ceiling is really based on what show he's on with whom and if there's a window of opportunity he can slide into. 

I'd say that's a spot-on assessment of the guy.  It's funny, but the wrestler with the most tremendous upside in the WWE  stable is a 24 year-old Brit. I seriously doubt that they'll ever realize what they have with Pete Dunne.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Zakk_Sabbath said:

Hey what do you guys think Elias' ceiling is? I thought it was a goofy gimmick at first and he was gonna end up like a Sandow type but man I have really been digging his stuff.

Pretty high.  He's over as fuck, and he's selling tons of shirts.  If they ever want to give him a main event run, they could pretty easily marginalize the goofiness of the gimmick, like they did with Cena.

9 minutes ago, OSJ said:

It's funny, but the wrestler with the most tremendous upside in the WWE  stable is a 24 year-old Brit. I seriously doubt that they'll ever realize what they have with Pete Dunne.

Nah, I think Triple H pretty clearly knows how good he is.  He may not be able to do much with him now, due to their UK plans being sort of in limbo, but I don't think they're taking him for granted at all.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, OSJ said:

Gatti was an over-rated, terrible boxer. Just because you can take a hell of a beating doesn't mean you're good. Back when I tried my hand at it, I could take a hell of a beating, (being the under-sized kid that got picked on daily when a child will instill that in you), doesn't mean I was any good, truth of the matter is I was bloody awful. The idea is kinda to hit the other guy without getting hit yourself, not to stick your face out there in hopes that the other guy breaks his hand teeing off on your head. I'l give  Gatti (and Ward) this, they were fun to watch. I rather prefer a technical wizard like Arguello, or Lewis to flat-footed brawlers, but that's just me.

I didn't say he was good, I said he was a warrior and if you can beat someone who, as you so condescendingly described as just being able to take a beating, then I think you've got plenty to be proud of. That toughness and mentality can't be taught and is a tool as vital to a boxer as any slick pugilistic ability

• Like 1

Per PWI

There is also a story making the rounds, attributed to Justin Barrasso of Sports Illustrated that Mysterio was at last night's Smackdown Live taping in Los Angeles to negotiate a new WWE deal.  While Mysterio and WWE are indeed gearing up their talks, we have been told by several sources that Mysterio was not actually in LA last night.

WALTER and Keith Lee have been offered WWE contracts, and they’d start in May. Lee has already turned down bookings past that point, and the belief is he’s going to WWE/NXT. WALTER probably isn’t, since he doesn’t even like leaving Europe and has a nice position with wXw. The Observer reported on this today.

• Like 2

• RIPPA locked, unfeatured and unpinned this topic