DVDVR Message Board

FEBRUARY 2018 WRESTLING DISCUSSION.

7 hours ago, mattdangerously said:

It's not my favorite, but I think it's highly underrated.  He was really great in the role.  It's like he saw pics of Heath Ledger from Dark Knight, but never actually watched the movie, and thought acting like Cesar Romero would be good enough.

In terms of Jokers it is an upgrade. 

On 2/26/2018 at 7:24 PM, RolandTHTG said:

You know what has aged well?  Triple H going over Sting at Mania. 

If you condition fans to expect that the only time anyone gets their comeuppance over the Authority is Wrestlemania, sometimes they gotta go over too. And sure, Rollins nearly crippling Sting probably helps add to that too.....

As Sting guy I knew going in to this match he was going to lose because HHH had lost at least 3 times in a row prior at Mania that I can remember(2 Taker, 1 Brock) but the way he lost was garbage. The match was actually really good considering Sting was pretty banged up when he left TNA and the real ridiculous part of the run-ins was how long it took the NWO to hobble their way down to the ring for the confrontation. Live it was like you were checking your remote to see if you accidentally paused the show they were taking so long that if memory serves some of DX actually realized this and finally decided to go to them instead of waiting. 

15 minutes ago, Zartan said:

As Sting guy I knew going in to this match he was going to lose because HHH had lost at least 3 times in a row prior at Mania that I can remember(2 Taker, 1 Brock) but the way he lost was garbage. The match was actually really good considering Sting was pretty banged up when he left TNA and the real ridiculous part of the run-ins was how long it took the NWO to hobble their way down to the ring for the confrontation. Live it was like you were checking your remote to see if you accidentally paused the show they were taking so long that if memory serves some of DX actually realized this and finally decided to go to them instead of waiting. 

HHH went over Brock at Mania I believe.

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, Web Conn said:

I'd much rather see that other match then the rumored match

You and me both.  I have ZERO interest in Cena/Taker.  I still think it's happening though.  I'm just assuming they are dragging it out as long as they are so Taker only has to show up at one or two RAWs to promote it and do as little travelling as possible.

Was watching Conan and didn’t change the channel, so The Detour came on. Background noise and as I look up, goddamn Bret Hart is making a cameo, as the hype man in a foxy hockey league. He’s looking for some dude to play with the ladies, and the main character enters the rink. 

Hearing Bret say, “Ooh, and it looks like the Arctic Fox, from Latoya Cuck, tried to check herself but wrecked herself. While she gets her brain unconcussed, We need another cuck to sub in.” was something. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Sammo~! said:

BUT somehow Johnny Ace hires the wrong Jeff Farmer.

"YIP! I don't like it when things aren't my...going my way. Triple H you turned the tables on me! You turned the tables in a wrong way!"

Sure, that mock Jumpin' Jeff stuff is always fun until you realize he's actually Flyin' Brian's long lost oxygen deprived (at birth) twin brother.

I can't imagine, unless Taker hurt himself working out or something, that are going to have done that tease Monday night, gotten that gigantic reaction, and then not do the match. That would be way beyond normal WWE stupidity.

As much as I disliked most of WWE Rey (sorry people), I’d be all for that match. Provided he still looks and moves the same as he did at the Rumble. 

Have they ever crossed paths before, outside of a Rumble or whatever stupid multi-man match?

1 hour ago, CreativeControl said:

I agree but rumours on the vine are Cena will be facing Mysterio so *shrug*

I know. I just... That seems beyond dumb unless there is something wrong with Taker. 

57 minutes ago, PetrolCB said:

As much as I disliked most of WWE Rey (sorry people), I’d be all for that match. Provided he still looks and moves the same as he did at the Rumble. 

Have they ever crossed paths before, outside of a Rumble or whatever stupid multi-man match?

They had a borderline classic on RAW in either late July or early August of 2011 for the WWE title when Punk had left with the championship. That's the only one on one I know of.

52 minutes ago, Cyanide said:

https://twitter.com/SexyChuckieT/status/968675856330747909?s=20

Embed not working for me:

Chuck Taylor

SECRET TO WRESTLING SUCCESS

Do the same bullshit for 16 years and eventually everyone will get signed to WWF and other promotions will have no choice but to use you

(I don't know where it came from but it was that "?s=20" part that was making the embed not work)

• Thanks 1