DVDVR Message Board

FEBRUARY 2018 WRESTLING DISCUSSION.

19 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

or pull a GLF and try to sneak back in after being kicked out

"No I'm not Green Lantern Fan, you lunkhead security guard. He wears a Green Lantern shirt and this is clearly a Black Lantern Corps shirt.  I want you to go get your supervisor, and I will be timing you!"

• Like 5
  • Haha 9

16 hours ago, Craig H said:

My God Bix is fucking insufferable.

Motherfucker you literally just typed out the thing you said in relation to the spat right before typing out that bullshit above. Bix, who tried to dunk on Graves, gets owned and acts all shook in response. Enough so that he typed out a whole article about it.

To be fair, he didn’t type out a whole article.  At least half of it was copied and pasted Twitter posts from that Fightful editor.  Bix should have credited him on the byline.

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, mattdangerously said:

Have you ever seen someone out in public wearing a Bullet Club t-shirt, but you weren't at a wrestling show?  Chances are, THAT was a neckbeard.

(For the record, my previous post was more of a Mr Wrestling II joke than anything else.  No insult intended.)  (Unless you wear a Bullet Club shirt outside of the confines of a wrestling show.  Then yeah, that was a shot.)

Purely my opinion, but I think part of the popularity of their merch might stem from the fact that, like the original NWO, it doesn't necessarily look like a wrestling shirt. I could totally see someone like my dad wanting one just because he likes the aesthetic of guns and skulls and shit. I probably wouldn't be embarrassed to wear it out in public if I had one as versus some of the more loud colored kid oriented WWE shirts. 

Spoiler

13 hours ago, Ziggy said:

If CM Punk followed AJ and Daniels ect in '04 and stayed with TNA instead of being an ROH guy, would it had took him as long as Danielson or Joe did to get signed to WWE?

I think he would have ended up in the WWE maybe around 2010-2011 if he stayed in TNA and tried to be a company guy there. I can't imagine Punk being dumb enough to stay in TNA once Hogan arrived.

12 hours ago, twiztor said:

I'm still a bit salty that the nWo came out to save Sting.

While in symbolic terms, there is something wrong with the NWO saving Sting, kayfabe-wise, Sting had long ago made peace with at least Nash and Hogan.  And Hall was always a walk-behinder.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, CreativeControl said:

What happened? I wasn't paying attention to wrestling around about that time

They booked Sting/Hunter, which was no ones idea of a dream match, and there weren't any expectations of it being a technical classic. They had one of the funniest matches ever on a major card, beginning with Sting randomly coming out to an Asian gong/drum/bell/string orchestra and Trips doing a Terminator entrance complete with Arnold (with CGI Termimator Face) introduction.

They have a fine match until they reach the final stretch, when DX comes out to interfere on Hunter's behalf and the NWO runs out for the save for Sting. There's a big schmozz, and when it looks like Sting has the upper hand, HBK runs in with a super kick and Hunter brains him with the sledgehammer for the winner. 

Then afterwards, Sting and Hunter do the respect handshake even though one just attempted to murder the other with a construction tool. DX and NWO are now obstensibly cool with each other. 

I'm an unapologetic fan of how stupid it is because I laughed my ass off the entire time and it didn't do anything to really hurt either guy or the show (in my opinion.) 

15 minutes ago, CreativeControl said:

Oh sorry, I meant in TNA haha. Was Hogan coming in why he went a bit Joker-esque?

The thing that stuck in my craw about the WM match was everything Sting was afraid would happen when he went to WWE happened. 

That's okay, I can go on and on about that too. 

Everything around it is terrible TNA faction stuff, but at its core they got a year out of the program by having Sting act like the heel who was really justified in his actions because he knew Hogan was a piece of shit. Then they turned Hogan and Sting was revealed to be right the entire time and they got a year of build out of it before they had a match. It showed surprising restraint and narrative complexity for TNA booking. 

It used all of the previous NWO history well, and was in keeping with Hogan's reputation for bleeding companies dry and Sting's history of being pushed too far until he snaps and behaving like a character from whatever the most recent comic book movie he'd seen. 

• Like 3