DVDVR Message Board

FEBRUARY 2018 WRESTLING DISCUSSION.

It he wasn't 99, I would assume tv evangelist Billy Graham went to the really better place - whatever country without an extradition treaty TV evangelists go to when they need to fake their deaths and move their millions out of US jurisdiction.

Since he was 99, I assume he just went to the afterlife.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, nate said:

Man, I remember my mom *hating* Graham using JCS as his entrance.

Anytime I hear JCS, I'll forever have the image of Muraco and Graham, both in tye-dye, making their way down that ridiculously long entrance ramp during the tournament at WMIV in Atlantic City.

WMIV is still one of my favorites, despite the criticism the overall event was too long, the quality of the tournament matches, yada...yada...yada. Demolition winning their first tag title made it all worth it for me.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

22 hours ago, Craig H said:

I liked the Apollo Crews name. *shrugs* It had a good ring to it and was a good combination of Apollo Creed and Terry Crews. 

But whoever said who should start using Nation again nailed it. Apollo Nation merch would sell.

The Creed/Terry thing was waaaayyyyy too on the nose for me and felt low rent. But I totally agree on Apollo Nation.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Anytime I hear JCS, I'll forever have the image of Muraco and Graham, both in tye-dye, making their way down that ridiculously long entrance ramp during the tournament at WMIV in Atlantic City.

WMIV is still one of my favorites, despite the criticism the overall event was too long, the quality of the tournament matches, yada...yada...yada. Demolition winning their first tag title made it all worth it for me.

Austin used it too during his brief ECW stint as “Superstar” Steve Austin. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

I remember there was a concert where for some reason Fred Durst got pissed off at Stapp and he was out there in front of the crowd saying "this fucking guy back there acting like he's Michael Jackson!" 

Two of WWE's favorite bands head to band.  

All this talk about amazing bands has reminded me of a time Papa Roach showed up at a strip club I was @.  DJ stops the music and says "Papa Roach is in the house!". Fucking crickets...  Until someone yells "You fucking suck!". They proceeded to turn around and leave.

• Like 1
  • Haha 10

11 minutes ago, GodzillaPerez said:

Well of course Dennis Stamp isn't booked, he's dead.

That didn't stop the Undertaker from getting booked thousands of times. 

QED, sir. 

3 hours ago, PetrolCB said:

Austin used it too during his brief ECW stint as “Superstar” Steve Austin. 

To tie it to Seinfeld, Andrew Lloyd Webber and Tim Rice did both JCS and Joseph & the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat, which gave us this:

• Like 3

Undertaker. What year(s) would you say he was at his peak? All the big names have identifiable peak periods but I was struggling to think of when Taker's were. Personally I think his best work was 02-04 but understand his Biker Taker run isn't everyone's favourite. As great as the HBK and Triple H matches are he wasn't exactly working full time so I don't know if you could point at that time period per se. Thoughts?