DVDVR Message Board

FEBRUARY 2018 WRESTLING DISCUSSION.

I want to see R-Truth get one last real run before he retires. Maybe not a main event run but an upper mid card run with the IC title. But like a longish fun, 4-5 months. He can still be quirky and used as a comedy act but I’d like to see him taken serious in the ring.

• Like 2

I liked the Apollo Crews name. *shrugs* It had a good ring to it and was a good combination of Apollo Creed and Terry Crews. 

But whoever said who should start using Nation again nailed it. Apollo Nation merch would sell.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Craig H said:

I liked the Apollo Crews name. *shrugs* It had a good ring to it and was a good combination of Apollo Creed and Terry Crews. 

But whoever said who should start using Nation again nailed it. Apollo Nation merch would sell.

It beats Terry Creed, which is a bad combination of Terry Bollea and the band, Creed.

• Like 6
  • Haha 9

3 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

It beats Terry Creed, which is a bad combination of Terry Bollea and the band, Creed.

It'd be worth it if he signed all of his tweets

"Nothing but love, with arms wide open brother. TC"

• Like 2
  • Haha 9

1 hour ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

I feel like that name could take him higher than where he is right now. 

• Haha 3

5 hours ago, Shibata Is My Homie said:

Isn't that what you get when your ears have been subjected to the signing of Scott Stapp?

I went to a festival concert in 1997.  Foo Fighters were the headliners.  Creed were playing underneath.  For some reason, they went 20 minutes longer (80 minutes total!) than the Foos.  Creed only had one album out at the time.  It was as awful as it sounds.

3 hours ago, mattdangerously said:

I went to a festival concert in 1997.  Foo Fighters were the headliners.  Creed were playing underneath.  For some reason, they went 20 minutes longer (80 minutes total!) than the Foos.  Creed only had one album out at the time.  It was as awful as it sounds.

I remember there was a concert where for some reason Fred Durst got pissed off at Stapp and he was out there in front of the crowd saying "this fucking guy back there acting like he's Michael Jackson!" 

Two of WWE's favorite bands head to band.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

10 hours ago, mattdangerously said:

I'm gonna have to spit a hot take here: My Own Prison has some pretty good shit on it

The Rev Billy Graham has died.

The only reason I am bringing this up is because at some point today someone is going to claim that Superstar Billy Graham is dead.

Y'all have been warned

• Like 1

I did find it interesting how the Rev. and Superstar were somewhat intertwined with Superstar having attended Rev.'s tent revivals as a teenager and that sort of thing. There's a really great line in Superstar's book where he talks about using the Billy Graham name (partially inspired by the Rev and partially Dr. Jerry) and writing "Jesus Christ Superstar" over it, and crossing out Jesus' name: "The Lord knows it's all a work"

Remember when we were kids and Billy Graham used to have that special every year? I think they were on ABC or something. Anyway, kid me thought it was Superstar having some kind of special.

I was very disappointed and confused about 5 minutes in.

• Like 1