DVDVR Message Board

FEBRUARY 2018 WRESTLING DISCUSSION.

6 minutes ago, CreativeControl said:

How about a Doctor tournament. It could be called "Doctor doctor, gimme the news"

Dr Death v Dr Wagner.

Dr D David Schultz v Dr X

... nope that's all I've got

How can you forget the Dr. of Desire Tom Prichard?

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Keep Calm, Akira Hokuto On said:

If Swann is actually innocent of any wrongdoing, what is the most plausible alternative?  That his wife is gaslighting him for some reason and put on a performance to convince both the officer and passerbys that he was violent?  I mean, ok, I guess.  I can't refute that idea, but I can't think what would be in it for her.  Unless Swann didn't beat her that night but had a history of abusing her and this was her passive-agressive  way of getting revenge?  But that doesn't seem likely either,

I've known more than one person who was in a mutually toxic relationship where both parties were equally guilty of instigating physical and verbal altercations with the other.  No idea if that's the case here but in any case it sounds like an unhealthy relationship and I hope they go their own ways or find a resolution before things escalate.

38 minutes ago, HumanChessgame said:

I've known more than one person who was in a mutually toxic relationship where both parties were equally guilty of instigating physical and verbal altercations with the other.  No idea if that's the case here but in any case it sounds like an unhealthy relationship and I hope they go their own ways or find a resolution before things escalate.

7 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Per the Sports Illustrated dude who is deeply in the WWE's pocket.

The four choices for Rousey's partner at Mania are

• Rock
  • Kurt Angle
  • Shane McMahon
  • Seth Rollins

It’s mixed tag rules right? If they go with Rollins, would Steph be the one to be in the ring if he got tagged in?

8 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Per the Sports Illustrated dude who is deeply in the WWE's pocket.

The four choices for Rousey's partner at Mania are

• Rock
  • Kurt Angle
  • Shane McMahon
  • Seth Rollins

I know there's always the possibility Rock can't do it due to movies, but those other three would be pretty bad choices.  Especially Shane who's on Smackdown and doing his own thing.

1 minute ago, odessasteps said:

Please be Shane for maximum suckitude, 

Considering people are booing Ronda already when she's shown on the screen, if Shane's her partner then people are going to shit on this match way before it ever starts.  The ironic thing is this will likely be our piss break match live.

14 minutes ago, Craig H said:

The Braun stuff is right there. Past history with HHH that hasn't been paid off and Braun gets to do something pretty high profile. If the Rock can't do it, it should be Braun.

Craig's right on this one. If you can't get Rock, Braun's probably the best choice. The crowd will be behind him (unless HHH finds a way to babyface himself in the lead up which has happened before), and he's got momentum and an it factor/look/aura that'll draw eyes and get attention, positioned next to Rousey who is picking up the casual views. Braun screams pro wrestling in the same way a guy like Rock or Hogan does and that's actually a good thing. It'll feed into the positive expectations people might have. 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Shane could have at least worked storyline wise if they hadn't already announced Rousey as being a RAW member

But Ronda hasn't officially "signed" her Raw contract. Plenty of time for them to pull a swerve and have Shane swoop in with a better offer like he did for WCW.

Though that would also be predicated on them making all this hype over Ronda to then use her to try to boost Smackdown's ratings over Raw.