DVDVR Message Board

FEBRUARY 2018 WRESTLING DISCUSSION.

7 hours ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

I wouldn't say that.  I've watched enough Dateline and Forensics to know that eyewitnesses don't know what the hell they saw. They are the worst type of evidence.

This. I can't say this enough, being in law enforcement. Humans are not infallible, just because there are "witnesses" to an incident doesn't mean they aren't lying, actually believe what they said they saw, have a personal bias etc.

On the other side, her LOPing isn't helping either. Some states will press charges regardless if the victim wants to or not, in this case apparently the state it occurred in isn't one of those.

1 hour ago, The Green Meanie said:

This. I can't say this enough, being in law enforcement. Humans are not infallible, just because there are "witnesses" to an incident doesn't mean they aren't lying, actually believe what they said they saw, have a personal bias etc.

On the other side, her LOPing isn't helping either. Some states will press charges regardless if the victim wants to or not, in this case apparently the state it occurred in isn't one of those.

Fair enough.  And I wasn't there or privy to the investigation, so I can't know for sure what happened or who did what.  But... I kinda feel like y'all are jumping through hoops to give Swann a break he likely doesn't deserve.  There's a saying: when you hear hoofbeats, look for horses, not zebras.  Which means the obvious explanation is more likely to be correct than the convoluted explanations.  Sure, maybe the witnesses are all lying.  Maybe they were all drunk and can't see straight.  Maybe Su Yang secretly hates Swann and is trying to tank his career by paying off witnesses.  Maybe they didn't both jump out of a moving car voluntarily, but the brakes failed and they had to jump for their lives.

There are a lot of maybe's in Swann's situation, but for any of those scenarios to be true, you have to assume that everyone is lying or wrong EXCEPT for the one person who has a motive to lie.

I get that there's a sizable demographic out there that doesn't trust police, and some statistics seem to back that up, but it's a slippery slope argument.  Maybe Swann didn't get physical with his wife.  Maybe she wasn't really afraid of him and was just acting.  Maybe Chris Brown didn't beat his pop singer girlfriend.  Maybe the dude who says Hitler didn't gas Jewish people because no one can draw a picture of the gas chambers is right.  Maybe the kids in the Fla school shooting this week were traumatized and id'ed the wrong kid and the cops arrested the wrong kid cause they wanted to make a quick arrest.

If Swann is actually innocent of any wrongdoing, what is the most plausible alternative?  That his wife is gaslighting him for some reason and put on a performance to convince both the officer and passerbys that he was violent?  I mean, ok, I guess.  I can't refute that idea, but I can't think what would be in it for her.  Unless Swann didn't beat her that night but had a history of abusing her and this was her passive-agressive  way of getting revenge?  But that doesn't seem likely either,

I dunno.  I read this "Well, maybe the police got the wrong guy and the witnesses were wrong and you can't trust the physical evidence and this was wrong...." and I want to sigh and bury my face in my hands like that Captain Picard gif,  I don't know where it stops with this stuff.  Maybe Vince is right to give Austin a pass because he was a draw?  Maybe Debra was a member of the Illuminati and set Austin up.   Hell, maybe my account has been hacked and someone else is posting this in my name.   I'm not sure I can prove that's not the case, so you probably can't.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, J.H. said:

Not sure if this has been covered here or in the Joshi thread...Lufisto just announced she has been diagnosed with Cervical Cancer. They've caught it early but her insurance can't cover the whole procedure. Feel really bad for her as it seems everytime she is about to breakthrough to something bigger something happens to her. Hope she can recover and get the medical treatmetn she needs at a price that is works for her.

James

That's horrible news and I hope she finds some way to get the treatments needed.  A friend of mine had cervical cancer but thankfully was able to get the treatments needed to kick its ass.  If there's a GoFundMe for Lufisto then I'll certainly donate.

6 minutes ago, CreativeControl said:

How about a Doctor tournament. It could be called "Doctor doctor, gimme the news"

Dr Death v Dr Wagner.

Dr D David Schultz v Dr X

... nope that's all I've got

How can you forget the Dr. of Desire Tom Prichard?

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Keep Calm, Akira Hokuto On said:

If Swann is actually innocent of any wrongdoing, what is the most plausible alternative?  That his wife is gaslighting him for some reason and put on a performance to convince both the officer and passerbys that he was violent?  I mean, ok, I guess.  I can't refute that idea, but I can't think what would be in it for her.  Unless Swann didn't beat her that night but had a history of abusing her and this was her passive-agressive  way of getting revenge?  But that doesn't seem likely either,

I've known more than one person who was in a mutually toxic relationship where both parties were equally guilty of instigating physical and verbal altercations with the other.  No idea if that's the case here but in any case it sounds like an unhealthy relationship and I hope they go their own ways or find a resolution before things escalate.

38 minutes ago, HumanChessgame said:

I've known more than one person who was in a mutually toxic relationship where both parties were equally guilty of instigating physical and verbal altercations with the other.  No idea if that's the case here but in any case it sounds like an unhealthy relationship and I hope they go their own ways or find a resolution before things escalate.

7 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Per the Sports Illustrated dude who is deeply in the WWE's pocket.

The four choices for Rousey's partner at Mania are

• Rock
  • Kurt Angle
  • Shane McMahon
  • Seth Rollins

It’s mixed tag rules right? If they go with Rollins, would Steph be the one to be in the ring if he got tagged in?

8 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Per the Sports Illustrated dude who is deeply in the WWE's pocket.

The four choices for Rousey's partner at Mania are

• Rock
  • Kurt Angle
  • Shane McMahon
  • Seth Rollins

I know there's always the possibility Rock can't do it due to movies, but those other three would be pretty bad choices.  Especially Shane who's on Smackdown and doing his own thing.

1 minute ago, odessasteps said:

Please be Shane for maximum suckitude, 

Considering people are booing Ronda already when she's shown on the screen, if Shane's her partner then people are going to shit on this match way before it ever starts.  The ironic thing is this will likely be our piss break match live.