DVDVR Message Board

FEBRUARY 2018 WRESTLING DISCUSSION.

36 minutes ago, SorceressKnight said:

If the women's revolution is faltering , it is directly because Diva Stan Twitter has decided that "if (Their personal favorite) isn't the biggest star in the women's division then it's no better than the kiddie pool filled with pudding. Hell, it may even be WORSE than that era."

Straight fire, bro. 

So there is a report going around that starting with the May 6th PPV (the first one after Mania) all WWE PPVs are going to be co-branded.

Someone asked Meltzer if that was true and he replied that he believed it was true but hasn’t confirmed it yet.

Low ticket sales had been cited as a big reason

• Sad 1

3 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

So there is a report going around that starting with the May 6th PPV (the first one after Mania) all WWE PPVs are going to be co-branded.

Someone asked Meltzer if that was true and he replied that he believed it was true but hasn’t confirmed it yet.

Dammit

19 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Nothing good can come of this. Get ready for six hour marathon special events, (almost) every other Sunday!

16 minutes ago, joseph2112 said:

Nothing good can come of this. Get ready for six hour marathon special events, (almost) every other Sunday!

I see a bunch of "good luck in your future endeavors" to a bunch of wrestlers. They don't need to have as much talent on the main shows if you're not running as many storylines.

19 minutes ago, joseph2112 said:

Nah, they've dropped back to 12 ppvs a year, not counting TakeOvers. It wasn't affecting network subs, so not worth the extra cost to do 16 or whatever. 

6 hours ago, Captain Kronos said:

Where is the Rawley/Ryder match that happened after those terrifyingly awesome Mojo Rawley promos? I can't remember where I saw the promos, so I can't find the date. 

Those promos are friggin' great.  I think Mojo has all the tools to be a big deal, but he hasn't figured out how to put everything together yet.  I think he's one long feud with the right opponent/teacher away from realizing his potential.  Kind of like how Lashley was useless before his feud with Finlay.  

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Brian Fowler said:

Nah, they've dropped back to 12 ppvs a year, not counting TakeOvers. It wasn't affecting network subs, so not worth the extra cost to do 16 or whatever. 

I count 14 for 2018 but I hear you. It could probably still work if they changed the way they did things, perhaps build more feuds to blowoffs on TV, but they won't. 

3 minutes ago, PetrolCB said:

Warrior at WM 12. 

I dunno, how about his match vs HBK from The SummerSlam in ‘02? Or if you’re feeling saucy, the triple threat from WM 20. There’s also the HIAC vs Batista at Vengeance ‘05, that’s a great match. 

1 minute ago, Eivion said:

Taker WM 27, Bryan WM 30

I can't do Benoit. :unsure:

Besides the Benoit match, all of these are good options. I will pick one for tonight - probably the Batista HIAC bc I don't think I have ever seen it. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Captain Kronos said:

I am feeling adventurous tonight. 

Someone give me a good HHH match to watch on the Network - one without Foley. 

Probably too late, but HHH/Jericho Last Man Standing Fully Loaded 2000.  One of the best matches I ever saw live and it still holds up.

Also HHH vs. Taka Michinoku RAW 4/10/2000.  

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, sydneybrown said:

Probably too late, but HHH/Jericho Last Man Standing Fully Loaded 2000.  One of the best matches I ever saw live and it still holds up.

Also HHH vs. Taka Michinoku RAW 4/10/2000.  

There's no too late. I will just add to the list and get around to them. Thanks!