DVDVR Message Board

FEBRUARY 2018 WRESTLING DISCUSSION.

2 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Move the Izzy stuff to the indie thread where I had been waiting for it to pop up since it happened yesterday

I was like Izzy?  The Bayley girl?   What could this possibly be...  

I then read.   And I feel filthy.  

Oh well.  Sasha did try to save us. 

22010%20-%20autoplay_gif%20bayley%20cryi

Not to get political or anything (and if this stirs some shit I truly apologize to the mods in advance) but I've been dating a black girl for about a year now and it's really opened my white guy eyes to how easily something like that could've turned into a tragedy. I'm just glad the guy is safe.

• Like 12

I would probably shit my pants if I found it. Next thing I would do is call the cops. Mind you, I'm afraid of guns, have never held one, have been threatened with one, had another pointed at my head, and I would think if I touched it then my fingerprints would be on it and who knows what that would mean. Glad nothing bad happened to Shelton.

• Like 5

I was flying around killing people in GTA and listening to Hall and Oates (yes...), and I noticed Rick Martel’s boss theme sounds a lot like “It’s A Laugh” (great song, btw). No surprise though, JJ nicked a few tunes from that time period. Jake’s theme (and pretty much every background song for tv bumpers) is a variation of Jan Hammer’s “Crockett’s Theme” (actual and tv version).

Well, that’s all I have to add in the pointless observation category for today. Carry on. 

Oh yeah, and Shelton’s lucky he wasn’t pulled over. 

• Like 3

Bix just a deep dive with new info on the McMahon tanning bed incident: 

Deadspin

It's Bix so you know the good and bad that goes with it but, and this is beyond wrestling, police and/or DAs announcing they're not charging people but they think there's "probable cause" to do it is one of the more problematic trends in law enforcement. It's basically a dog whistle to the public that someone should be viewed as guilty without actually having the evidence or proof required to get a conviction.  Prosecutors and cops always tend to assume everyone accused of a crime is guilty and that kind of stuff does a lot of damage to people that should have a presumption of innocence.*

I was watching Abacus on PBS the other night about a bank charged for fraud (recommended doc) and the prosecutor literally said "they were found not guilty, not innocent." Terrible.

*I know that a rich, crazy old dude like Vince doesn't need any benefit of the doubt, but when they pull that shit on minorities or the impoverished is when it gets troublesome.  

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Captain Kronos said:
This is weird. She used her real first name but her kayfabe last name. (or did Ric change it legally at some point?) 

But her actual twitter handle is Charlotte. 

Funny you use that terminology... (By the way, she changed Ashley back to Charlotte as you can see.)

1 hour ago, PetrolCB said:

Maybe the excuse is that she’s Charlotte Ashley Flair. I dunno. The company is weird. 

Or she changed it without clearing it with the company first and they made her switch it back

6 minutes ago, BrianS81177 said:

Or she changed it without clearing it with the company first and they made her switch it back

Could be. Aren’t they’re a few others who have different IG or Twitter handles that are non-kayfabe? I’d say I wonder why they aren’t held to that “rule”, but they’re probably not as high up on their totem pole to even bother enforcing anything. 

4 minutes ago, PetrolCB said:

Could be. Aren’t they’re a few others who have different IG or Twitter handles that are non-kayfabe? I’d say I wonder why they aren’t held to that “rule”, but they’re probably not as high up on their totem pole to even bother enforcing anything. 

They really mess with it by usually, but not always, calling the Total Divas cast - including some of the guys - by their real names. 

I guess even though the real events on WWE TV have an effect on TD, that show is more properly happening in its own parallel universe.